Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

iPhone Maps Address Share Not Working [rebooting phone fixed issue]

I’ve noticed in the last few days, the address share feature has not been working for Tesla in the Maps app on my iPhone 11 with the latest firmware.

The Tesla app does not display as an available app to share to from the native Maps app. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
I dont use apple maps, I use google maps (on my iPhone 11), but I just shared a location from google maps to my tesla 2 days ago.

I just tried it from apple maps, and the tesla app doesnt show up, and is not available when you select "more" and attempt to add it, either.

I never noticed this as I never use apple maps /shrug.

I’ve noticed in the last few days, the address share feature has not been working for Tesla in the Maps app on my iPhone 11 with the latest firmware.

The Tesla app does not display as an available app to share to from the native Maps app. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Hey there, I've been having this issue as well, on my iPhone 8+. I thought it was possibly an issue with having an older phone, but it sounds like not. The only thing I've figured out that works to solve this is to reboot my phone, and POOF, the Tesla app shows up as an option again.

Thanks in advance.
I just had this problem after I deleted and installed Tesla app to force upgrade, which Apple didn’t show me available. It didn’t work for any apps, not only Maps. As some response here suggested I rebooted my phone and here you are: application is available.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC