Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Max Charging Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As many know, the older style TM3 wireless charger options are garbage (USB A, slow charger), the aftermarket ones don't work well with Apple iPhone Max size phone except for one company who are a garbage company (Jeda). I ordered a wireless charger from them in January 2023, now that April is almost finished, I still don't have it (credit card company dispute on principal alone). All of them seem to have issues with the larger Apple Max size phones, even using an Apple MagSafe phone case.

So, I was looking for an alternative, and found a 3D printed plate design that will hold 2 Apple MagSafe chargers. I found a company that is local to me, that would print it out for me, if I sent them the design. So in 1.5 weeks I went from communicating with them to the first time, to having it delivered to my house (it was just easier to have it delivered). I got 2 Apple MagSafe pucks on Amazon and put them into the plate. I then used some clear epoxy on the back side to make sure that over time the pucks wouldn't get pulled though. I velcroed the plate to the phone mount holder built into the car. I did move the plate up just enough to center the MagSafe puck on the 13 Pro Max MagSafe sweetspot.

Credit to this developer for the plate (worked PERFECTLY), the download includes both the single landscape and the dual portrait pates:

I already ran 2 USB-C cables from the rear center console cigarette 12V adapter so I would have the amps for faster charging.

The end result is a phone mount that will hold 2 iPhone Max phones, fast charge them (will only work in portrait). These will charge even when using GPS (waze) and streaming audio via Bluetooth.

I did actually have the 3D printer print 2 plates, the second one works with a single Max phone in landscape. Since the plates are Velcroed on, I will get a 3rd puck, epoxy it on that plate, and I'll be able to swap between 2 and 1. But I am debating doing it, since Waze (which is mainly what I have running) works better in portrait vs landscape.

With my Console Vault safe:

All compartments closed:

Reactions: Kimmi
We just released our product that solves this, and we ship fast :)

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 1.36.12 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 1.36.04 AM.png

That seems like a great price, and just about what it cost me to buy the 3D printed plate and 2 Magsafe chargers, so considering that, you have a great price listed for your product. I do like the finish of your plate better than the 3D printed version I got.