Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone notifications stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't remember exactly when notifications stopped, but I know I've updated the car at least twice since it stopped working simply because I've only found out about an update when I've randomly opened the car door and it's told me on the screen. Previous to that I'd get a notification on my phone and i would just kick it off via the app.

I know the notifications didn't stop immediately after the service, because the car had previously only been to the SC once and that was back at the start of May, and I've had notifications after then.

I had a ranger appointment booked for tail light condensation + other issues for the start of August, which then got changed by Tesla to the midde of August, and then 1 or 2 days before it was due to happen I got a call and was told the parts weren't available, so the work that was planned to be done during the ranger visit was moved to a SC appointment on Monday just gone. At one point in time I had both a ranger and SC appointment active, for different issues. So all in all I've had 3 appointments and only 1 of those was actually completed. I'd say there's an above average chance based on your findings that one of those August appointments is still "open".

I've done all of the obvious stuff like reinstalling the app on my phone, resetting all of the notifications settings, even resetting the car itself. As you know none of that has made any difference.

Last edited:
How weird, My callout was for rear light condensation too! I got my appointment the next day (it was a month away but they called the next day).

You can re-install the app and re-boot your car to your heart’s content. If it’s the same problem as me only Tesla can fix it.

Reactions: Durzel
Went on to live chat on the Tesla US website, thought it would be worth a shot as I'm not getting anywhere at the moment. This is what I got...

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 21.20.15.png

So, somewhat reassuring that this looks to be the same problem, but actually getting through to someone who can understand this information is easier said than done. I can't fault the lady at Bristol SC, she has been brilliant, and she told me that as far as what they can see it's been delivered, but clearly it is not.

Jenny was unable to do anything either, she said I would have to speak to the SC.

Both my wife’s iPhone and mine only give a visual notification when the car has been left unlocked because the boot wasn’t latched (after 10 mins). Pretty useless IMO unless you happen to have the phone open at the time. Have 2020.36.11 installed and did a hard reset afterwards. Have signed out/in from app and have all the iPhone notifications set in addition to the vehicle selection in the Tesla app.
Don’t know if this is some compatibility problem because we both have old iPhone 6, but we get sound alerts from other apps ok.
Can anyone make sense of the 10 minute delay before informing you? If I’ve left the car unlocked, I want to know ASAP, not 10 minutes later when I could be a mile away!

I've got no further with this. It's currently in the hands of Tesla remote engineers, apparently, although I've heard nothing from them for several days.

I have an open mobile visit booked in October, am hoping that once that's done something will happen - as I'll have nothing outstanding - but I'm not holding my breath.

I've got no further with this. It's currently in the hands of Tesla remote engineers, apparently, although I've heard nothing from them for several days.

I have an open mobile visit booked in October, am hoping that once that's done something will happen - as I'll have nothing outstanding - but I'm not holding my breath.
Did this get fixed? I’m getting notifications and I had a service visit a few weeks ago.

My notifications seem to have stopped working now, worked fine on Friday morning when I charged, but this morning there was no charge complete notification. And on trying to start charge a few time nothing.

I’ve tried the usual, log out and in and reinstalled the app but no luck. Can’t be the service thing as mine has never been in for a service as it’s only 3 weeks old…

My notifications seem to have stopped working now, worked fine on Friday morning when I charged, but this morning there was no charge complete notification. And on trying to start charge a few time nothing.

I’ve tried the usual, log out and in and reinstalled the app but no luck. Can’t be the service thing as mine has never been in for a service as it’s only 3 weeks old…
Come to think of it, I got no notifications during my last charge either.