Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone notifications stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed the latest software update was available to download this morning, but only via the MCU screen, no notifications on the app. Also, charged today, non SuC, without receiving the usual start / stop notifications. Android with app v3. Something has gone awry, Tesla-side.

Software update notifications working fine here this morning. I didn't see the notifications for the 2 updates pushed to our car on Tuesday, but they were being handled by service centre so we may not have been part of that loop, even though car was not in service mode and we could still see it being offered in the app.

My notifications started working again today, after not working for 2 days I received the 100% charge notifcation at ~3am this morning.

Not for me .. just a notification of the charge starting. I have had a correct notification of a front door left open (intentionally). The car itself did not receive software available for download communication and only did a long search when I manually opened the software screen this morning. The app subsequently sent me a correct notification about the software update being available and allowed me to initiate the updating process in the usual way. Now updating to 24.5

Not for me .. just a notification of the charge starting. I have had a correct notification of a front door left open (intentionally). The car itself did not receive software available for download communication and only did a long search when I manually opened the software screen this morning. The app subsequently sent me a correct notification about the software update being available and allowed me to initiate the updating process in the usual way. Now updating to 24.5

I got that notification after updating to 24.5, that might be the difference maker, but possibly not.

Reactions: Adopado
Just updated my car via the in-car screen and hey presto, the app notifications are working again. Might have been a coincidence, but worked for me.
My car was in a service centre today and Teslafi reported that new firmware had downloaded. There was nothing showing in the app, but there was a little icon on the top of the car’s screen which allowed me to update the software when I parked up at home.

After that, notifications started to work. I’d also noticed things like premium subscription was no longer available from the app.

I went into the App Store and noticed the new version of the app was available. It’s the one with the updated user interface and the ability to buy subscriptions had returned. I’m not sure why the app didn’t auto update like they usually do.

My notifications had stopped working too, but I'm using Android. I've had no app nor car software updates.

I changed nothing and did nothing, I haven't had time to worry about it lately. And yesterday, the notifications just started working again.

So I think some of these mysteries may well have been on the server side of things.

Well, I’ve got new Tesla notification I’ve never ever seen before
”your home Gateway is 100% fully charged and powering your home”
It came 5 minutes ago. It’s not fully charged and today with sod all sunshine, it’s at 59% now and unlikely to get beyond 60%
still, nice try!
I hope car charge ones are more accurate ;)

Just a heads up - on iPhone, the latest iOS 15 adds “scheduled notifications” which, if you’re not careful, will group notifications from apps - Tesla included - into ones that will be delivered at a later time.

I had naively assumed that this feature would group notifications into a digest to be read after I stopped using the phone (i.e. while asleep), but it seems that - at the moment, maybe by design - it actually silences them?

I had a notification of a software update from my car at 20:40 last night, but because I had scheduled notifications set to 07:00 I didn’t see it. I was even using the phone after 20:40, several times, and there was no sign on the phone at all of that notification (this seems like a bug?), or indeed other ones that were important.

You can exclude the Tesla app from scheduled notifications (probably wise given it tells you things like your alarm going off) or disable that feature entirely.

Last edited:
Just a heads up - on iPhone, the latest iOS 15 adds “scheduled notifications” which, if you’re not careful, will group notifications from apps - Tesla included - into ones that will be delivered at a later time.

I had naively assumed that this feature would group notifications into a digest to be read after I stopped using the phone (i.e. while asleep), but it seems that - at the moment, maybe by design - it actually silences them?

I had a notification of a software update from my car at 20:40 last night, but because I had scheduled notifications set to 07:00 I didn’t see it. I was even using the phone after 20:40, several times, and there was no sign on the phone at all of that notification (this seems like a bug?), or indeed other ones that were important.

You can exclude the Tesla app from scheduled notifications (probably wise given it tells you things like your alarm going off) or disable that feature entirely.
Where is this on the iPhone? The only thing somewhat close to "scheduled notifications" that I see under notifications is "scheduled summary" and I have this turned off.