Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Ringer Volume Set to Low by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Workaround for this on an iphone is to go to Settings, Sounds & Haptics, and turn off "change with buttons."

Your volume will not change when you get in/out of the car as a result. However you will not be able to change the ringer volume manually with the buttons on the side of your phone

Reactions: Chewy13
Did anyone ever come up with valuable solution I have a 2018 model three and every time I get in my car the main volume/ringer turns really low. Also if I go between tabs I.E. Twitter, Facebook google the volume control little dialog box opens up on my phone.

Sounds like a bug in iOS, so it is something that Apple needs to fix on their end.

If iOS works similar to Android then it will lower the volume to 0 (car mode) while connected to the car (any modern car) and then automatically restore the setting to what it was once it disconnects from the car.

Did anyone ever come up with valuable solution I have a 2018 model three and every time I get in my car the main volume/ringer turns really low. Also if I go between tabs I.E. Twitter, Facebook google the volume control little dialog box opens up on my phone.
The workaround is to go to iPhone Settings -> Sounds & Haptics -> Change with Buttons -> Off