Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone Tesla app map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently the "Location" map on my iPhone app changed. When I click Location It used to show a close-up version of where the car is, but now I have to manually do a two-finger zoom in to get the close-up view but when I do that the map doesn't follow the cars movement.

Is there a way to change it back to the way it was?

On the iPhone interface, you can touch the "triangle" in the top right corner of the display. That is the "standard" icon to center the map on your current location. The icons on my screen are "directions to my car", center the display (don't know if this is on your location or your vehicle's location - they're currently the same for me), and then simple/satellite imagery.

I don't know about how to have it zoom in automatically to a closer view of your location.

1651876369749.jpeg

Anyone notice that when you move the charge level bar on the app that it only shows percentage now. You used to be able to touch the percentage number or miles number and toggle between the miles and percentage. Not anymore…. It only shows the set percentage not the potential mlies equivalent. I used to do this on occasion to see how many projected total miles my battery still had at 100% Charge Without having to actually charge to 100%

Last edited:
It seems like my app just recently stopped tracking the car's movement as well. It used to follow the car along but now I have to constantly hit the Star Trek icon to center it again.
I started a thread on this issue a few days ago, but received no replys, so it’s not just me. Thanks for the tip on the Star Trek icon. Easier than “chasing” the car on my iPad screen. Like others, I would certainly appreciate restoration of the previous system. Elon, are you listening? 😄

Reactions: DanDi58
Recently the "Location" map on my iPhone app changed. When I click Location It used to show a close-up version of where the car is, but now I have to manually do a two-finger zoom in to get the close-up view but when I do that the map doesn't follow the cars movement.

Is there a way to change it back to the way it was?
Hey Marty - that is the exact car I had many years ago. Good that you have kept it in good condition. I sold it when I went off to grad school -- helped to pay bills.