TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Iphone Tesla app

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Gary52, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Gary52

Gary52 Member

My iPhone says app says “temporary maintenance. Please try again later”. Has anyone else had this message and how long does it last.

2. trace

trace Member

3. FlyF4

FlyF4 Son of a MX

There are already a lot of threads about this. Try search ;)

4. Gary52

Gary52 Member

I did search but obviously not the right keyword’s. Thanks for replying

5. FlyF4

FlyF4 Son of a MX

yes, it is not always perfect. Usually the first two words of your error is good enough. I also always scan the "Recent Threads" when something new like this crops up. Usually you see where someone else beat you to it :)

6. psgabin

psgabin Member

coincidence hulu is down also?

7. Gary52

Gary52 Member

Thanks again for the advice

8. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

9. DerekH

DerekH Member

yes, but it looks like that thread is weeks ago, not from today

10. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

Post #26-194 all today

11. Rhubarb7

Rhubarb7 Member

I have an App problem - I'm not sure its a software or hardware fault however, maybe one of design?! I live in the concrete jungle, and the App seldom works. According to the SC that is due to all the Wi-Fi around, and apparently the X tries to connect to whatever it sees. As a result, my App seldom updates - when I open it, it just gives data from last week on a dull screen, and continually "cycles" trying to get my X info - but cannot.

So I can go to my Wi-Fi settings on the X, turn off Wi-Fi, the little icon top right on the MCU then shows LTE/cellular, and sure enough within seconds, the App makes a connection and updates just fine.

The problem is that, when you turn off Wi-Fi, there is a little message on the MCU stating that the Wi-Fi will turn back "on the next time you drive." So this appears to mean that I always have to turn off Wi-Fi when I stop the car, in order for the App to work?

Baffled here, thanks for any insights.