TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

iPhone Tesla shortcut icons

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by DaveW, Sep 20, 2019.

1. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Made these for myself after installing the Tesla Remote app and getting some Siri shortcuts setup, thought I'd share them incase anyone wants to do similar :)

tesla-shortcut-icons-for-your-iphone

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

These are really cool. How do you get them to work?

3. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

I’ve personally used Tesla Remote, but I believe other apps offer similar and I think you can also do it completely manually if you can generate an access token, I went for the easy route :)

4. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

I got the Tesla Remote app but can’t find shortcuts. Don’t know if I’m being silly

5. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

You might have to download that too, it’s an official Apple app: ‎Shortcuts

6. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

I already had that. It just won’t give me the option to add it. Maybe it’s my iOS 13

7. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Just tried on iOS 13 myself and get the same as you, must have locked it down!

8. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Tesla Remote updated today to fixed iOS 13 shortcuts and also the bug I reported about the wrong heated seat being used on the Model 3 (passenger instead of driver) :)

8FDB03C5-2E98-405D-B360-87051C154F72.jpeg

9. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

Good job

I downloaded it again and been playing with it. It’s really powerful stuff and it can be configured with Siri (which is not very useful) but you can swipe left and get all your shortcuts in Widget.

so far I’ve created a few including:

1. Start charge at 00:30 and stop at 04:30. Trying to programme it to warm battery 30 minutes before calendar event (I work shifts and it’s on my calendar).
    2. Lock car and flash lights
    3. Stop charge and unlock port (for when I get my Pod-Point)
    4. Defrost — when morning alarm stopped, will give option if outside temperature <1, to set heating to high and turn on defrosters and heat up seats.

we can create thread here of people’s shortcuts because they CAN be shared :)

10. Dagold

Dagold Member

Do I need the remote for Tesla app? Could you please share your shortcuts? Very cool!

11. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Updated to include Demist and Vent (inc close) :)

12. bhanorthy

bhanorthy Member

You can do it without the app via Siri shortcuts and cars API.

I have a shortcut “Prepare to Charge” opens the frunk to get my type 2 cable and opens the charge port.

Can activate via my watch or phone.

• Like x 1
  13. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Any decent guides you’d recommended for doing it that way?

14. bhanorthy

bhanorthy Member

Yeah I used a combination of a couple of Reddit/GitHub posts. I liked the one that didn’t store your account credentials inside the shortcut.

It gets your authentication token and stores it somewhere of your choice either notes or iCloud Drive, but you can copy and paste it manually if you prefer not to store it there. This expires every 45 days so you need to run the shortcut again to refresh it, so the stored note solution is a little more elegant as it updates all the other shortcuts you make.

From there I just edited one of the templates commands to change the API call to do what I wanted. It checks if the car is awake and loops that command until it's awake. Once it's awake it submits the actual command to the car, and you can daisy chain multiple ones together like the frunk and charge port in my example.

If you have an Apple Watch it seems they broke shortcuts in iOS13 but I hope they get it fixed soon. I get a 'shortcuts unavailable error'. Also be aware you may want to add an authentication phrase to a shortcut or only enable Siri when phone is unlocked for some security.

Further reading:

dburkland/ios_shortcuts
    More Siri/iOS Shortcut Controls! : teslamotors

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  15. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

• Like x 1
  16. drivingmrte5la

Love those - thank you!!

17. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

My pleasure, a welcome distraction this morning doing the new Sentry ones :)

18. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Looks like I can't edit the original post, or even the one above :)

I've most all my Tesla related blog entries to a new domain, the icons are now found here: Tesla shortcut icons - TeslaEV.co.uk