Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone vs. Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that’s funny. I develop on Mobile platforms professionally. Android is a nightmare.

Next you’ll suggest a Samsung LOL.
Given that iPhones are number three in sales in the world and Samsung is number one, why would one NOT recommend Samsung? I have never had any issues with my Samsung phone connecting or working well with the Tesla app. Musta been someone else who developed it.

Interesting that "Android is a nightmare." Never heard that one before. I've owned Samsung ever since I first bought a Tesla that could use a phone to work it. Never any problems.

Given that iPhones are number three in sales in the world and Samsung is number one, why would one NOT recommend Samsung? I have never had any issues with my Samsung phone connecting or working well with the Tesla app. Musta been someone else who developed it.

Interesting that "Android is a nightmare." Never heard that one before. I've owned Samsung ever since I first bought a Tesla that could use a phone to work it. Never any problems.
Yes, when you include global sales of all phones. Including *sugar* $50 (or less) “smart” phones. There are a lot of junky old Android phones out there.

When you compare the phones that Tesla owners can afford and buy in the USA. You’ll see the numbers that matter.

I know companies and developers that won’t even bother with Android.

My company also develops apps for mobiles. My colleagues and I feel just the opposite.
And when I get an email ending in "Sent from my *****", file 13.
You don’t actually develop code on both platforms, do you. Just talk to colleagues that probably do Android. Many Android developers I know, run iPhones for there personal phone. I know medical device companies that won’t even bother with Android. The fragmentation of hardware and OS makes it very difficult to support. Android teams (including QA) are often much larger. Where I work Hundreds of Android devices have to be excluded and it’s full time job tracking which ones to support. There are zero exclusions on iOS.

Android will always run worse on average due to fragmentation.

Here is good article discussing. Sounds like your colleagues are not well informed.

The problem will get exponentially worse the more hardware you use the phone and if your app must do critical background activity. Like Bluetooth, health sensors etc.

If your building say a web browser the differences are not quite as prominent.

You don’t actually develop code on both platforms, do you. Just talk to colleagues that probably do Android. Many Android developers I know, run iPhones for there personal phone. I know medical device companies that won’t even bother with Android. The fragmentation of hardware and OS makes it very difficult to support. Android teams (including QA) are often much larger. Where I work Hundreds of Android devices have to be excluded and it’s full time job tracking which ones to support. There are zero exclusions on iOS.

Android will always run worse on average due to fragmentation.

Here is good article discussing. Sounds like your colleagues are not well informed.

The problem will get exponentially worse the more hardware you use the phone and if your app must do critical background activity. Like Bluetooth, health sensors etc.

If your building say a web browser the differences are not quite as prominent.
The word is YOU'RE. And THEIR. Your assertions are not facts. We code for both platforms and iOs is always inferior.

Your problems may stem from code punctuation? "do you" is a question so it needs a ?

Our client base includes healthcare, in the USA, UK and Europe and never an issue with Android. If we could avoid iOs we would in a heart beat!!!

• Disagree
Reactions: ahmadr
The word is YOU'RE. And THEIR. Your assertions are not facts. We code for both platforms and iOs is always inferior.

Your problems may stem from code punctuation? "do you" is a question so it needs a ?

Our client base includes healthcare, in the USA, UK and Europe and never an issue with Android. If we could avoid iOs we would in a heart beat!!!
Ahh. The vocabulary attack. Typical.

Good luck.