Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IPhone wireless charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of a slim QI charging pad that could be installed that is also magnetic? I have a mophie case and it’s so thick that the phone falls off the ledge into the dash. Was hoping the magnetic portion would fix that.

Whatever you decide on, make sure it is genuinely Qi certified. Amazon has a huge problem with Chinese sellers claiming their product is but it's actually not. The wireless charger rpm Tesla uses are NOT genuine Qi certified and thosw just aren't built to the same level of robustness as the genuine ones. Sure they'll charge your stuff fine, but I bought one and reverse engineered it - they put all the control pcb in the USB dongle and after about 10 min that thing was HOT. Im not putting my 60k car on the line for that crap

So basically what you're saying is that instead of the other end being usb that you would plug into a car its only a NEMA 5-15 plug? I mean the plug comes with it just like your phone comes with a usb cable and a power adapter and same goes for this wireless charger... I even tried it in the car and it works perfectly