Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone X in the Model X (Quick Dock)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my iPhone X and I need some new guides for the quick connection dock in the car so my phone fits perfectly (wireless charging not necessary for me).

I tested the iPhone 7+ guide rails and they are obviously way too big. I can’t seem to find the iPhone 7 guides but comparing the phone sizes I assume they will be too small.

Tesla will probably take their time making new guides available. If someone can test the iPhone X with the iPhone 7 guides and let us know if they fit that would be great. Otherwise, I am willing the pay for someone to 3D print guides that fit perfectly with the phone and car if someone knows how to do that. Thanks!

Happy iPhone day!

I picked up a couple iPhone Xs for my wife and I yesterday at the Apple store.
Although it does fit snuggly with the Apple leather case using the narrower guide rails, the Lightning connector It’s too far out of alignment from front to back and slides in front of the display. The issue is not so much the width but the depth of the flanges that hold the phone too firmly against the back of the cradle. You’d think the case would push the iPhone’s connector further out so that it could dock properly. Perhaps it needs a little play for the bottom to be angled out enough to catch the connector. Also might be that installing the rails slightly changes the angle of the back causing the misalignment.
Haven’t tried it without the case yet.
But, arrying this phone without the case is definitely not an option but the glass back.
Overall pretty happy with the phone.
I will try it without the case later today & update this.

I picked up a couple iPhone Xs for my wife and I yesterday at the Apple store.
Although it does fit snuggly with the Apple leather case using the narrower guide rails, the Lightning connector It’s too far out of alignment from front to back and slides in front of the display. The issue is not so much the width but the depth of the flanges that hold the phone too firmly against the back of the cradle. You’d think the case would push the iPhone’s connector further out so that it could dock properly. Perhaps it needs a little play for the bottom to be angled out enough to catch the connector. Also might be that installing the rails slightly changes the angle of the back causing the misalignment.
Haven’t tried it without the case yet.
But, arrying this phone without the case is definitely not an option but the glass back.
Overall pretty happy with the phone.
I will try it without the case later today & update this.
I just tried it without the case and it’s worse.
First image is with case on.
Second image is with case off.
Last image is with no rails and case on.

BFC49B2E-B8CC-4A82-BEB9-FA7DFC527019.jpeg

3DF01FE7-BA0A-4DEA-8A95-EFAE1DF79F48.jpeg

36EE3FBD-7E3F-4BC2-A518-0CDBCAD1E3ED.jpeg

Reactions: Gt1948
Perhaps you know this, but you can adjust the lightening connector position. Might not be enough to solve your problem (I'll see when I get my iPhone X on Monday), but worth a try. Just remove the rubber floor of that compartment and you should see two screws.
Thanks!
I did not install it.
Tesla did it for me at delivery in June.
I will give it a try.
It would be awesome if it fit.

I kept the old lightening connector and have never had rails since Tesla forgot them. For the X which got, I just installed a small qi charger that fit well in the middle area of console, and just lay my iPhone X on it to charge. In the basic leather case from Apple (or no case) it fits really well and doesn't move around, and still charges. Can do it quick without looking which is nice.

1bQVNEuJRxCu5z4Hg9rIhw.jpg

-T