Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone X in the Model X (Quick Dock)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To bad I'm not a case person
Have you tried the Apple Leather Case?
iPhone X Leather Case - Black
Ultra slim. Barely adds any noticeable width or thickness. Feels perfect in my hand. I use some mink oil on it initially an then occasionally to make it more water resistant. I hate the way silicone cases feels.

Reactions: Gt1948
Have you tried the Apple Leather Case?
Ultra slim. Barely adds any noticeable width or thickness. Feels perfect in my hand. I use some mink oil on it initially an then occasionally to make it more water resistant. I hate the way silicone cases feels.

I’ve tried it with older iPhones. I’m just not a fan of cases. I like how the bare phone feels.

I’ve tried it with older iPhones. I’m just not a fan of cases. I like how the bare phone feels.
Fair enough.
In case you are not aware, The back of the iPhone X is glass. I would recommend tempered glass screen protectors front & back.
Bovon iPhone X Back Protector, [9H Hardness] [3D Full Coverage] [Scratch Proof] [Cover Case Replacement] Tempered Glass Screen Protector Back film for Apple iPhone X / iPhone 10 (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076LQ39XZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_NkhdAbWW3H6SD
There are bundles for both as well as some that include bumpers.

Fair enough.
In case you are not aware, The back of the iPhone X is glass. I would recommend tempered glass screen protectors front & back.
Bovon iPhone X Back Protector, [9H Hardness] [3D Full Coverage] [Scratch Proof] [Cover Case Replacement] Tempered Glass Screen Protector Back film for Apple iPhone X / iPhone 10 (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076LQ39XZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_NkhdAbWW3H6SD
There are bundles for both as well as some that include bumpers.

Yah I’m aware. Never been a fan of screen protectors either. I’ve never broken an iPhone so shouldn’t be a problem

I can’t imagine it would line up with an asymmetrical setup.
Lined up perfectly for me with narrow rails for wider iPhone 7+ using Apple leather or silicone case once I adjusted the connector with the adjustment screws under the mat. I am extremely satisfied with the set up.
^^ This for my iPhone X in Apple leather case. Also my wife has an iPhone 7+ and this setup works for both of us.

After reading this thread I searched for the rails. While they installed the plug at delivery, I had no idea the rails were an option. I found them in a bag in the back of my glove box. Now I need guidance re which ones are for what phones (they are simply numbered 1,2,3, and 4). Also, I have looked through the manual but can’t find anything re how to install.

Any help would be appreciated. My “naked” X is about to be put into the Apple leather case. I already have had too many close calls to leave it bare.

After reading this thread I searched for the rails. While they installed the plug at delivery, I had no idea the rails were an option. I found them in a bag in the back of my glove box. Now I need guidance re which ones are for what phones (they are simply numbered 1,2,3, and 4). Also, I have looked through the manual but can’t find anything re how to install.

Any help would be appreciated. My “naked” X is about to be put into the Apple leather case. I already have had too many close calls to leave it bare.
There are 2 sets of rails. One set is narrower to accommodate wider phones (7+ no case). The wider set is for (7 no case). For me the narrower set works with my iPhone X with a slim case. (Apple leather or Silicone case) very snug fit.
There is a right and a left rail for each set..
Rest the rail into the corner against the back plane of the dock.There is a groove on the rail that meshes with the ridge of the dock. The tab on the bottom of the rail will lock it into place when pushed firmly downwords..
Next determine if the connector needs to be adjusted front to back. If so, remove the rubber mat to reveal the adjustment screws. I had to set it all the way back (closest to the back plane)
The attached image may help.
1C0D1E9E-5CA0-461B-9F2E-C1B32BB2545A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: pl804
I've been using my iPhone 7+ and now iPhone X (both with a slim case) without the side rails. Never had a problem keeping it on the charger - it never seems to want to fall over sideways.
I never had that issue either. Now that the rails are installed, I can easily dock it without looking or fumbling to align it to the center. Much safer.

Reactions: 3s-a-charm