Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone X losing GPS signal in the phone dock area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 folks have the same issue.

I just looked there are two mount location options for Model S. They both look pretty good to me. Not sure how much it varies by year.

Model 3 owners have a better Proclip option. I hate the model S option of covering the 17” display’s bottlm right buttons and making it impossible for passsengers to use that screen space either .

Where are folks keeping their phones mounted to avoid the GPS signal issues?
1DD63540-3039-45BE-8456-E359873E6294.jpeg
No issues here. :)

[URL="https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2885798/"]Review: Magnetic Power 2 XVIDA Qi Charger - The perfect Model 3 mount?[/URL]

Also just switched to a Pixel 3 (XL) which solved all of the bluetooth issues I was having with various Samsung devices. Car instantly unlocks with no failures and I maintain a stable audio connection for calls/media when driving...FINALLY!

However, I have been having terrible 4G/3G/1X phone reception in the charging cubby. I've used multiple devices and all of them start cutting out mid conversation. If I pull the phone out and hold it around the center console, reception returns, but as soon as I move it back to the charger, signal drops considerably. We've been using a cheap ebay Qi charger and I'm hoping it's the culprit. Just pulled it and replaced with OEM standard plug dock. Fingers crossed there isn't something else in that area causing signal interference.

Any search for cell reception on Model 3 returns people talking about the car's LTE ATT connection...not the mobile phone of the occupants.