Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone X Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the latest version software on my 90 D model X. I have an iPhone X I can connect to bluetooth play music music I can dial and download all the contacts and the recent calls but when I go to make phone call it dials but I can't hear anything.
1. yes I have power cycled the iPhone
2. yes I have deleted the phone and reconnected
2. yes I have reset both screens.
I am out of options is this me or anyone else?

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
I don't know how the bluetooth on the MX works as ours will be delivered next week. But on my Lexus, you have to connect both Bluetooth Audio and Bluetooth Phone independently. I actually have my BT audio connected to my tablet and BT phone connected to my phone. Maybe you have only setup the connection to the BT audio and not the BT phone? The other thing is that BT volume is controlled separately than normal phone volume. The default could be very low and you may have to increase the volume on the phone when you are connected to BT.

I think if you connected BT phone to your iPhone, when you make a call on the iPhone, there should be a selector on the iPhone screen to choose between Phone, Speakerphone, and BT.

I have the latest version software on my 90 D model X. I have an iPhone X I can connect to bluetooth play music music I can dial and download all the contacts and the recent calls but when I go to make phone call it dials but I can't hear anything.
My iPhoneX works fine as well.
Are you on iOS 11.2?
Tesla 2017.48?
Make sure volume is up using steering wheel.
Only other things to try.
1. Delete phone from Tesla, then,
2. Delete Tesla App from phone - power cycle phone.
Reinstall Tesla App on phone login & make sure App preferences are set up as you wish. (Notifications on, calendar sync on, faceID on).
Re-pair with Tesla
Cross fingers

Check the volume on the phone and turn it up if it is set to low. Something similar happened to me (you issue maybe different), Everything was connected but had no audio coming from the car speakers even when turned up, took me a few tries before i turned my attention to the phone and started trying different things. Sometimes it is really the simple things we overlook.

Having exactly the same issue on my 100d x iPhone X worked fine until this afternoon I have updated nothing ... now can’t hear anything having to resort to AirPods

Any ideas??

Having exactly the same issue on my 100d x iPhone X worked fine until this afternoon I have updated nothing ... now can’t hear anything having to resort to AirPods

Any ideas??

If you have AirPods paired, you could only connect to 1 BT device at a time. Not sure if you could change priority in the BT setting but it is possible that your BT priority is set to connect to AirPods first. So if you AirPods is within 100 or so feet when you start your car, you won't be able to connect to the car unless you physically switch BT connection on you phone or turn off your AirPods.

It can only use one audio source. When connected, I can listen to music from my phone through the car, but then the radar detector audio is defaulted through the car speakers also.

I think your radar detector is sending the data back to the radar detector app on your phone via BT. But the app on your phone is the one sending the audio to the car BT. Because you could only have 1 audio connection active.