Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone X Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My iPhone X started doing this yesterday for no reason. Did all of the reboots of center screen, toggle BT on and off, reboot phone, etc. Got it working again briefly, but problem started up again this AM. Not sure what is going on.

I have an AP 2.0 car. IOS ver 11.2.1. Tesla FW ver 2017.46.8

UPDATE: I just spoke to the Tampa service center. They say it is a known issue and to expect a FW update in the next 7 to 10 days. I asked if I could bring it in for an update and they said they do not yet have the update in their system to fix the issue. Of course, my experience on this forum is that one or more people can call their service centers and be told something completely different. YMMV.

Last edited:
I have an iPhone X with a Model X 100D, no issues with syncing.
Do you use AirPods? It’s not a syncing issue. Other person will hear your voice “crackling” if you use your phone with AirPods and then use on car without toggling on/off Bluetooth after using AirPods.

Took car to SC and they said it’s a known problem with the iPhone X

Solution: I had this same issue on my MX that I just picked up today. Called service and they had me reset (hold both steering wheel dials) until the T logo appears on center screen. Then “forget device” and repair my phone. Phone BT worked perfect after!

Last edited:
Is there already a solution to this problem? An updated firmware from either Tesla or Apple?

Having this issue since I bought the X with AirPods back in November. Driving me nuts finding a solution.

I see mentioned to switch on/off bluetooth before starting a phone call. Will try this as a work around, for now.

I'm now having the same issue in my P85. Iphone X worked fine, now all of the sudden bluetooth phone calls won't work. I can switch to the handset or speaker and it is fine. Music plays fine over BT. Tried to reset, disconnect and repair with no luck. Also, rebooted the MCU.

Phone works fine in our Model X.

Anyone else still having issues?

I have the latest version software on my 90 D model X. I have an iPhone X I can connect to bluetooth play music music I can dial and download all the contacts and the recent calls but when I go to make phone call it dials but I can't hear anything.
1. yes I have power cycled the iPhone
2. yes I have deleted the phone and reconnected
2. yes I have reset both screens.
I am out of options is this me or anyone else?
Same problem here. No solutions

For the first time in 6 iPhones, my 3-month old iPhone touchscreen failed to be fully responsive.

The "up volume, down volume, power" sequential button pressing facilitated a reboot, but I never had to resort to that specific combination before.

And yes, switching dynamically from phone speaker to car via bluetooth fails more than it works now. But incoming calls usually work.

Of course, my car is farkled in other ways - it hasn't accepted a cellular hotspot connection in months, but seems to accept wifi. And no longer will the app open my frunk, even though it thinks it is. All of this started after SvC fried my MCU and its replacement so now with MCU#3.

Yes, I've scheduled the exorcism for next week.

• Funny
Reactions: DiamondHands
This will seem obvious.
Try raising the volume of the phone in the car. (I use the volume control on the steering wheel in my Model S) I have noticed that the volume inadvertently lowers itself nearly to mute in certain circumstances. For exoample, opening the door while on a Bluetooth call....
It often remains at the lowered level on my next trip for no apparent reason. So now I almost always adjust it when making or receiving calls.

Last edited: