Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone X suddenly not connecting for media

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Had the car for over a year, 16k miles and no problems. Yesterday, I washed the car, got in it to move it and as I pressed the brake pedal, the Frunk popped open (twice)and the screen became glitchy. I did a hard reboot, which fixed those issues. However, since then it won't connect to my phone for media - although it's still fine as a phone key. It won't even let me forget the connection, I just get the donut whizzing around for ages. I've since hard booted again, still no joy. The Bluetooth icon on the top left of the screen is greyed out.

So, no telephone or iPhone music in the car. :-(

I've booked a mobile appointment, but it's two weeks away.

I pressed the brake pedal, the Frunk popped open (twice)
If it’s water ingress in a connector I could see how (electrically) that could conceivably happen. The usual behaviour before the ‘fix’ was lots of error messages and a car that wouldn’t drive. However, if the computer is somehow causing that behaviour it’s massively screwed up & very worrying! You’d sort of hope something like brakes would be a dedicated / highly resilient/ independent sub-system, not erm… shared with the frunk. Eek.

Had you tried to open the frunk to clean? Could it have been a delayed command?

Reactions: Jez_GB
Had you tried to open the frunk to clean? Could it have been a delayed command?
Ironically, I cleaned the Frunk becuase it popped open. All good today - after a bit more faffing this morning, it finally let me drop the existing connection, then after 3 attemps, it finally found and connected to my iPhone. I think the iPnone is only discoverable for bluetooth for a short time after bluetooth is enabled, as I turned the phones BT off and on, then it connected. Yesterday it refused to do anything phone wise.

Reactions: NewbieT