Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone XS Max and Waze (gps issues)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any iPhone XS MAX users on here??? Do you charge your phone on the center area console under the display and WAZE loses gps signal 60-70% of the time. I experience that to the point waze is pretty much useless for my daily commute.

(Btw I’m aware you can have a hacked waze interface on the web app but that’s wonky and you can use the music and switch sources without having to relaunch the web app and have to press allow location tracking).

Why use Waze? You have a nice big navigation screen right in front of you. You want to look at a 3 inch map down by your knee? Why buy a Tesla if you're not going to use the Tesla system?

have you ever used waze? I do rely on the tesla nav for general routing when needed, but waze absolutely has value other than navigating from point a to b.

Yes, I have this same issue with my iPhone 10. I’m on the T-Mobile network FYI.
It not the network that’s the issue. The app says it can’t loses signal from the satellites. I have at&t.
I used an xr for a test run and got the same results.
I was hoping to get a wireless charging map but i’ll have to get another type of mount that lets the satellite gps signal through. Probably a mount to the side.

Any iPhone XS MAX users on here??? Do you charge your phone on the center area console under the display and WAZE loses gps signal 60-70% of the time. I experience that to the point waze is pretty much useless for my daily commute.

(Btw I’m aware you can have a hacked waze interface on the web app but that’s wonky and you can use the music and switch sources without having to relaunch the web app and have to press allow location tracking).
Replied to a similar post. Same issue M3 2018 not tinted. Signal lost while on the center console (charging or not). Signal regained when placed on the armrest cradle above. Read a post that a usb hub could be responsible for the interference. The iPhone 11ProMax while on the cease is above the usb hib. Will test soon.