Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone XS (Max) as a key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Upgraded from an iPhone X to an iPhone XS Max. (both on iOS 12)

In 2 months of ownership of the Model 3, the iPhone as a key has worked flawlessly, failed one time maybe.
Have had the iPhone XS Max for 5 days, and it has "failed" dozens of time now; most often, I just need to wake up the phone and it works, others time it works but with a 2 second delay when trying to open the door.

Anybody else experienced this with the new iPhones?

Maybe try repairing your iPhone with the Model 3? I haven’t had a single problem since I got my Xs on Friday. As far as I know it’s the same exact hardware as what the Xs Max has save for the larger screen and battery.

Are you running the iOS 12.1 beta or just on regular iOS 12?

Upgraded from an iPhone X to an iPhone XS Max. (both on iOS 12)

In 2 months of ownership of the Model 3, the iPhone as a key has worked flawlessly, failed one time maybe.
Have had the iPhone XS Max for 5 days, and it has "failed" dozens of time now; most often, I just need to wake up the phone and it works, others time it works but with a 2 second delay when trying to open the door.

Anybody else experienced this with the new iPhones?
weird, i had the X and now Xs Max and find the Xs Max is flawless and quicker to connect. The X was slower to connect, but worked 90-95% of the time.

Maybe try repairing your iPhone with the Model 3? I haven’t had a single problem since I got my Xs on Friday. As far as I know it’s the same exact hardware as what the Xs Max has save for the larger screen and battery.
iPhone XS and XS Max Teardown seems to show a different chip for XS vs. XS Max: "Apple/USI 339S00551 (XS) and 338S00540 (XS Max) WiFi/Bluetooth SoC"

• Informative
Reactions: PoitNarf