TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Iphone5 with updated ios7 won't pair media player

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by mitch672, Sep 26, 2013.

1. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

#1 mitch672, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    The media player hasn't connected reliably for a while now, I've deleted the phone from the car, and the car from the phone, rebooted the big screen, tried pairing them again, only the phone profile shows up, the "Media" button is grayed out, and I can no longer play podcasts, etc on the Model S. Anyone else having ios7 Bluetooth issues with the media player between an iPhone 5 (original, not the S or the C) and the Model S?

Update: unpaired and deleted both again, then re-paired them, now the media player shows up.
    Something odd is going on, but it's working again

2. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

I updated to iOS 7 and didn’t have any issues. I subsequently got a new phone which was a restore of my old phone, and I *did* have to unpair, and re-pair to get that to work.. but once I did, all was good.

3. stosh3

stosh3 Member

I was having similar issues after ios 7.0. I have since downloaded the next patch ios7.2 and that has resolved the problems.

Stosh

4. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

I was having a similar issue. I just turned off bluetooth on the phone and turned it back on, hit connect on the car and it was back up and running.

A reboot might also solve it.

5. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

No issues with either a 5 or a 5s on iOS7 here.

6. Lifeguard(ret.)

Similar problem with iPhone 4 and iOS 7.0.3 with phone functions

Don't use the iPhone for media, but bluetooth would not work for the phone functions either. After about 20 minutes on the landline with Tesla Ownership, this was the sequence that worked:

Turn off iPhone bluetooth
    Power down phone
    Reset the MS screen
    Delete all the bluetooth devices from the MS
    Reset the MS screen again
    Power on phone
    Turn on iPhone bluetooth
    Wait for iPhone to find MS
    Add the phone back as a new device on the MS.

Maybe it will help someone else.

7. jiaotong

jiaotong Member

I am sure you tried it, but I have found when this happens rebooting the iPhone solves it. It has only happened a few times over the year but now, when I have trouble I reboot the phone first before the Tesla. YMMV.