Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhones won't connect to make calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having a strange issue and haven't been able to find anything about it out there really. Both my wife and I have iPhones (X and 11) that were previously paired to our Model Y. Both of them work to unlock and drive the car, no problem; however, neither of them will pair to the car via Bluetooth to make and receive phone calls or stream podcasts. We've tried to manually connect them in the bluetooth window in the car, but it just says that it's Connecting to the phone, but never does. This is happening for both of our phones. We've tried turning our phones off and on, turning bluetooth off and on on the phones, neither of which worked. As a last ditch effort, my wife clicked to forget her phone on the car and re-connect it, but the car can't find any devices when searching. We aren't sure what to do after some internet searching. Any thoughts or help here would be much appreciated! TIA.

I'm having a strange issue and haven't been able to find anything about it out there really. Both my wife and I have iPhones (X and 11) that were previously paired to our Model Y. Both of them work to unlock and drive the car, no problem; however, neither of them will pair to the car via Bluetooth to make and receive phone calls or stream podcasts. We've tried to manually connect them in the bluetooth window in the car, but it just says that it's Connecting to the phone, but never does. This is happening for both of our phones. We've tried turning our phones off and on, turning bluetooth off and on on the phones, neither of which worked. As a last ditch effort, my wife clicked to forget her phone on the car and re-connect it, but the car can't find any devices when searching. We aren't sure what to do after some internet searching. Any thoughts or help here would be much appreciated! TIA.
I have not received my VIN number yet but on previous visits to the Tesla SC they showed me how to connect my IPhone. If I were you I would visit your nearest SC and first try pairing both phones to a floor model. But before you make that trip.
It could be an issue with your vehicle? Did you try rebooting your vehicle?

Upvote 0