Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPod/phone mounting bracket for Roadster 1.5 (2008)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

slcasner

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2011
Sunnyvale, CA
In 2009, I designed a bracket to attach to the interior tray in the 2008 Roadster 1.5 and provide a mounting surface for a ProClip iPod or phone device holder. The bracket was made of aluminum with a clear anodize finish to match the tray and fit by compression between the top and bottom rails of the tray, utilizing a slot in the upper rail underneath the radio to stay in place over the center console. The slots are not used in the Roadster as delivered, but they are present because the tray is a standard Lotus part used on other cars, so all 2008 Roadsters should have these slots.
mount-view.png
IMG_2007.jpg

I had about 25 of these fabricated in 2009 and sold them to owners who requested one. Since the Roadster 2.0 interior was redesigned in such a way that this bracket could no longer be used and wasn't needed since the console had a spot on top for an iPod or iPhone, there was no reason to make more.

Now some 2008 Roadsters are passing to second owners, and there is at least one such owner who wants one of these brackets. Before I ask the fabricator if he'd be willing to make more, is anyone else interested?