Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPod touch interface - Please Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the very basic Model 3(As of today) and I am wondering can I play my iPod touch which has all my music through the USB port? I can not get it to recognize it? I would rather not use bluetooth as that is used for my phone? Must I put all my music on a thumb drive for it to recognize it? Any help please.

Attachments

• IMG_4434.jpeg
    IMG_4434.jpeg
    547.7 KB · Views: 60
You can connect multiple devices via Bluetooth. Not sure if they can work simultaneously though ie what happens if you get a call while music streaming.

not an iPod touch owner but guessing it can’t act like a USB file system like cheaper non-Apple MP3s?

Only option to play music via USB interface is to put your music on a flash drive. Many of us desire the ability to play music from our USB connected phones but apparently Tesla has no interest in supporting this even though just about every other vehicle on the road have this capability. It’s baffling. Maybe version 10 will offer this but I wouldn’t count on it.

I have the very basic Model 3(As of today) and I am wondering can I play my iPod touch which has all my music through the USB port? I can not get it to recognize it? I would rather not use bluetooth as that is used for my phone? Must I put all my music on a thumb drive for it to recognize it? Any help please.

Yes, you need to put it on a flash / thumb drive. There is no support for cabling up a phone to play music in tesla's interface.