Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRO Dashcam for AP1 doubts and questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on these comments, I ordered an IRO for my AP1. No problems until I tried to mount the camera unit to the mirror assembly. I could not get it to insert. Tried for 20+ minutes with no luck. I gave up and replaced the original housing (which just snapped into place as it should). IRO does not give refunds, so I am out $200+

Based on these comments, I ordered an IRO for my AP1. No problems until I tried to mount the camera unit to the mirror assembly. I could not get it to insert. Tried for 20+ minutes with no luck. I gave up and replaced the original housing (which just snapped into place as it should). IRO does not give refunds, so I am out $200+

Mounting the unit to the mirror assembly is a PITA. It may seem like your going to break the tabs off, but you really have to push it in.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Trial and error with the wires, eventually it will snap in fine when the wires are out of the way enough.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Trial and error with the wires, eventually it will snap in fine when the wires are out of the way enough.
I installed the AP1 Tesla S IRO Cam with a hard push upward until the unit clicked into place. The only problem is that I mis-typed the password and now cannot access the WIFI to employ the iPhone app. I have pushed the reset button numerous times as well as re-installing the app several times and rebooting the phone. Never a WIFI connection and no password request. City racer has been great to work with, but they have no solution at this time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I installed the AP1 Tesla S IRO Cam with a hard push upward until the unit clicked into place. The only problem is that I mis-typed the password and now cannot access the WIFI to employ the iPhone app. I have pushed the reset button numerous times as well as re-installing the app several times and rebooting the phone. Never a WIFI connection and no password request. City racer has been great to work with, but they have no solution at this time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
This may be underestimating your problem, but have you tried password: 12345678?

I have the same dashcam. Did you push the reset button and hold for several seconds? Do you see the IRO camera in the Wi-Fi settings on the phone? If yes, have you tried forgetting the IRO network on the phone? Doing that should prompt the phone to ask for the password.

Definitely wire your dashcam to always-on power. It takes so little power, if there were no other loads (or battery leakage) it would run for years. It takes very little power relative to the rest of the system. My 12v battery lasted 5 years and 1 month, with my BlackVue dashcam on 100% of the time. There are lots of warnings with Dashcams to not do this because they are all thinking about ICE cars, which will run the 12v battery down. Tesla recharges the 12v battery automatically. It's really nice to have video while parked, especially if something happens (break-ins or vandalism). I caught a break-in on a friend's BMW that was parked in front of my car. Gave the police the video.

Here's more on using always-on power, along with install suggestions and videos: Ultimate Tesla Dashcam Guide – TeslaTap