Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the app for the IRO dash cam is a bit crap and the wifi connection is poor. I would recommend a proper solution like blackvue, thinkaware of goluk

Well. For the price it does the job. You don't need the app at all, it's pretty setup and forget style. And it's completely hidden and invisible. And installed in 30 seconds. I don't see same pros with blackvue or others...

Reactions: Daniellane
Anybody had any issues with AP1 since installing the camera? My AP stopped working a couple of days later. Probably unrelated, the mirror and everything else seems to be working just fine, but I will probably remove the camera before taking the car to Tesla...

Quick update on my end. Don't know if it is because of it, but shortly after getting the latest firmware update, AP1 started working again. No need to remove the camera (hopefully). Wondering if maybe and just maybe, me installing the IRO somehow messed up the AP1 cameras and they needed to recalibrate. Or it was just a good case of bad timing.

• Love
Reactions: beej and Daniellane
Does anyone know how to factory reset this dashcam? I connected initially and went to change the wifi name in settings, now the iOS wifi does not connect to new name.

I think I've finally figured out how to do this if you're still attempting to reset it. Sadly a full reset is not mentioned in the manual. I had initially changed the wifi name and password, and then was unable to login once I forgot the password. Here is the sequence that I think finally reset it:

1. Hold down both buttons for 10+ seconds
2. Release when nothing more is happening (i.e. it is off)
3. Press and hold both buttons until it starts booting up, then release the button with the camera icon but keep holding the blue blinking icon for a while, 10+ seconds

This sequence or something like this sequence is what finally reset the wifi name and password back to the originals, i.e. the name to IRO_59... and the password to 12345678

Found it (iOS)
Current eBay listing.
lerccenker by Danfeng Yuan
‎lerccenker

eBay listing states: Search for “lerccenker”
See bottom of screenshot below:
3D57ACA1-29B3-4D23-B019-9D1196E77502.jpeg

Got the IRO today, looks and works great. Did the 'modified install' where I ran the power cables up into the microphone area, and attached to full time powered 12v; works like a champ. Running the wires up to the microphone area was a pain, as was mounting the camera. FYI there is a thin protective saranwrap type of covering on the lens that is barely noticeable. The pictures with it in place aren't bad, so some of you may still have that in place, gets better with it off. The App is fine, connected straight away, gives live feed straight away. I'll post some clips after I get the car back out on the road (my garage isn't all that pretty)...