TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Daniellane, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jan Fiala

Jan Fiala Member

Well. For the price it does the job. You don't need the app at all, it's pretty setup and forget style. And it's completely hidden and invisible. And installed in 30 seconds. I don't see same pros with blackvue or others...

• Like x 1
  2. roadster2020

roadster2020 Banned

not if its not recording due to sd error and there is no way of knowing if there is an error

3. Jan Fiala

Jan Fiala Member

There is a BIG BLUE blinking LED on the camera housing and there is an audible tone when the camera gets powered up and starts recording.

Seems to me you are a troll looking for cons, which aren't there....

4. mb300sd

mb300sd Member

Installed this today. Can confirm a SanDisk 400GB microSD works if formatted FAT32 32k. I used a posi-tap to connect it into the alarm module power and reused the mirror cord for my radar detector.

• Helpful x 2
  5. Vinc

Vinc Member

Quick update on my end. Don't know if it is because of it, but shortly after getting the latest firmware update, AP1 started working again. No need to remove the camera (hopefully). Wondering if maybe and just maybe, me installing the IRO somehow messed up the AP1 cameras and they needed to recalibrate. Or it was just a good case of bad timing.

• Like x 1
  6. nielstheking

nielstheking New Member

Which software did you use to format the SD-card, don't get it working with 400GB :-(

7. mb300sd

mb300sd Member

I did it in Linux.

8. danielhampton

danielhampton New Member

I think I've finally figured out how to do this if you're still attempting to reset it. Sadly a full reset is not mentioned in the manual. I had initially changed the wifi name and password, and then was unable to login once I forgot the password. Here is the sequence that I think finally reset it:

1. Hold down both buttons for 10+ seconds
    2. Release when nothing more is happening (i.e. it is off)
    3. Press and hold both buttons until it starts booting up, then release the button with the camera icon but keep holding the blue blinking icon for a while, 10+ seconds

This sequence or something like this sequence is what finally reset the wifi name and password back to the originals, i.e. the name to IRO_59... and the password to 12345678