Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i installed mine 18 months ago, always worked well. Starting about a month ago it gives three “chirps” after power on and doesn’t seem to be recording. Any hints? Is it possible my sd card needs to be replaced?
Definitely eliminate the card as a possibility. You can also try reformatting the card.
Plus contact the seller on eBay for help.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniellane
FYI
CONTINUOUS POWER IN SENTRY MODE! (Standard installation)

I just discovered an interesting side effect of Sentry Mode is the equivalent to continuous power for our IRO dash cam.
I routinely delete all of the “non-driving” videos off the SD card prior to transferring footage to an archival hard drive. Discovered that it records continuously while in Sentry Mode. On a 128g card, there was over 87 gigs of static video, mostly from Sentry Mode.

March 2018 MCU2 Model S 100D

FYI
CONTINUOUS POWER IN SENTRY MODE! (Standard installation)

I just discovered an interesting side effect of Sentry Mode is the equivalent to continuous power for our IRO dash cam.
I routinely delete all of the “non-driving” videos off the SD card prior to transferring footage to an archival hard drive. Discovered that it records continuously while in Sentry Mode. On a 128g card, there was over 87 gigs of static video, mostly from Sentry Mode.

March 2018 MCU2 Model S 100D

Are you basically saying that enabling sentry mode keeps the IRO dashcam powered on? Interesting!

Yay! But... bummer! This would be the most useful for cars before AP2, when the IRO is the only camera available. But we don't get sentry mode :(
I’m guessing Sentry Mode will be available on AP2 at some point. Almost certainly with the hardware upgrade for FSD.
I find it to be a bit of a negative at this point. Just sucks up space. Creates a bunch of useless video that I have to delete. Wipes out useful video.
I may have to get in the habit of pausing recording when activating Sentry Mode. Not sure If it will come back on when I get back to the car and drive away or if I’d have to restart it.:(:(

Daniel, yes the problem was the card. No card, that is. Tesla removed the SD when they did my last service and forgot to put it back in. Ah well, I bought a new one and its working again.
Interesting, did they confirm that they removed it or are you just assuming so. The reason I’m asking is they’ve never removed my card. Only covered up the lens with blue tape.
Although that would not prevent it from recording the audio in the car. I always remove the card when I take it in.

I also just received the IRO dashcam from City Racer. Very quick shipping. Thanks for that.
The cam was very easy to set up and install. The quality of plastics is good. I do have a little gap near the top maybe I just need to play with it more to get it to fit properly. Very excited to try it out. 2017 S AP2.

I was happy to find links to the user manuals in PDF format in the City Racer Website. I like to have documentation on product I use in my Apple Books App.
Passing it on to whoever wants it...

Links to User Manuals:

Link to User Manual PDF for Model S AP2:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1392/1475/files/IRO_Tesla_Model_S_AP2_Dashcam_Manual.pdf?24

Link to User Manual PDF for Model X AP2:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1392/1475/files/IRO_Tesla_Model_X_AP2_Dashcam_Manual.pdf?24

Link to User Manual PDF for Model S AP1:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1392/1475/files/IRO_Dashcam_A66_for_Tesla_Model_S_AP1.pdf?24

Product links from City Racer:

Product link For Model S AP2 from City Racer:
IRO Dashcam for Tesla Model S AP2

Product link For Model X AP2 from City Racer:
IRO Dashcam for Tesla Model X AP2

Product link For Model S AP1 from City Racer:
IRO Dashcam for Tesla Model S AP1

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
Interesting, did they confirm that they removed it or are you just assuming so. The reason I’m asking is they’ve never removed my card. Only covered up the lens with blue tape.
Although that would not prevent it from recording the audio in the car. I always remove the card when I take it in.
Well, the card was in the IRO when I took it in (never even thought to remove it, should have) and ever since I get 5 or 6beeps on start from the dash cam. That was never normal but I didn't figure it out until I tried to format the card per suggestions here. OOPS! No card inserted.