TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Daniellane, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SDRick

SDRick Active Member

I have noticed a similar condition with my radar detector when the car is off for a long period requiring me to unplug and replug the detector. Then everything is fine.

I did not notice this phenomenon in my 2016.

2. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

I now have the opposite issue. It stays on now when Sentry Mode is active which tends to fill the drive...
    If you turn it on manually with the switch, does it come on immediately?
    Also, have you tried reseating the power plugs just to make sure you have full contact?
    Otherwise, use eBay to contact the Seller/Manufacturer.

3. npardo

npardo New Member

I just purchased the AP1 IRO dashcam for my late 2014 Model S. I am having problems with getting the camera to automatically power on. Every morning, without fail, I need to manually power the camera on. After the first manual power on in the morning, it sees to power itself on just fine for most of the day. My hunch is that it is caused by the car going to sleep (i.e. overnight, or long time of inactivity). The camera manually powers on just fine, so I know it is getting power. I is really frustrating because a dash cam, to me, is supposed to be set it and forget it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have been going back and forth with the seller for 3 weeks and have gotten nowhere.

4. npardo

npardo New Member

No solution for you but I have the exact same problem. Posted above before I saw that you had posted this. Only got through 6 of 13 pages of comments :p

5. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

Strange that two of us would bring up the same issue in the same few days - haven't seen this problem reported in any of the other posts. I have contacted the seller, but no reply yet. Perhaps you could do the same and then let's compare notes. Thx!

6. SilverGS

SilverGS Member

I'm confused about where it the dash cam gets its power from - I've seen someone saying it gets the power from the interior mirror. Why does the interior mirror have power to begin with?

7. npardo

npardo New Member

I've been messaging them back and forth for a couple weeks. They haven't been helpful, first just saying to try a reset and make sure wiring is correct, then trying to pass it off as a feature that you have to turn it on each morning. I most recently asked to try an exchange and now they said they have their team looking into it.

It's an autodimming/electrochromatic mirror, which has sensors to detect the light being shone on it and applies a voltage to adjust how much light it reflects.

All, one more question: When I use a 64GB card formatted as fat32, the camera beeps 10 times before turning on, which is really annoying. Anyone else have this behavior? When using a <32GB card, the camera only beeps once when turning on.

8. gasisnasty

gasisnasty Member

It looks good but the software doesn't work. After 6 days, multiple hours of my time and many back and forths with the company, I finally gave up. PayPal refunded my money.
    Don't buy this dash cam. It's junk.

9. diamonds2

diamonds2 Member

I'm using the "LuckyCam" IOS app. It works fine for me.

• Informative x 1
  10. npardo

npardo New Member

Since the last time they messaged me saying their technicians are testing, I messaged yesterday asking for an update and they don't replied "Hello, we are dealing with the problem."
    Not the most helpful response, but I am hoping they either fix with a software update or replace the unit.

11. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

Thank you for the update. On my end, they sent me a picture showing the electrical connections (which I already hooked up correctly) and said to hit the reset button (didn't fix it).