TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Daniellane, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Graffi

Graffi Member

2. flycathay

flycathay Member

Received the ap2 version a few days ago and just tried to install it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me. The iOS app is showing black screen ( no live video ), and the cam refuses to record anything. I tried different sd cards with no luck. The red light just keeps on all the time.

Bought it through eBay and just contacted the seller. Let see how the customer service goes.

3. Graffi

Graffi Member

I have never been able to see anything but the black screen for live video on my iPhone 6. I am able to view all the recorded video just fine. Make sure you are blue-tooth connected from phone to IRO.

4. flycathay

flycathay Member

I contacted them, apparently, you need the app called "LuckyCam" in order for the live video to work.
    Also my cam doesn't record at 1080p, it only works at 720. Do you have the same issue?

5. Graffi

Graffi Member

Are you sure this is not decided in the settings? Besides, 720 will give you more recording time. I have not spent that much time trying to understand all the settings. I installed, then looked at the video files and that is it. Good luck trying to find out.

6. flycathay

flycathay Member

Yes, there is a setting switching to 1080p recording. But when you switch it, the cam would refuse recording. It would tell you the card is full although there is 14Gb left.

7. flycathay

flycathay Member

the app LuckyCam makes all the difference. Reset the cam using that app makes everything works. Just don't use the IRO app in app store.

• Informative x 1
  8. schnootz

schnootz New Member

Anyone know how to playback downloaded videos? I assume they are saved in the app but the app won’t launch when I’m not connected to the IRO wireless connection.

9. tangent

tangent Member

My car is Model X (not S) AP1, I wonder if any of the IRO cam would work with mine.

10. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

I do not see an X AP1 listing.
    I would contact the seller and ask if he has them.
    Here is the X AP2 eBay listing.
    IRO Dashcam for Tesla Model X AP2 6970917260054 | eBay
    You can contact taxusdvr (eBay seller) with the contact seller link in this listing.
    Good luck.

• Like x 1
  11. Vinc

Vinc Member

#171 Vinc, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Just got the camera for my AP1 and it is installed and running.

The main trick is that the camera now comes without a manual, and there was no way to use the QR code that supposedly links to a PDF. Luckily I was able to make the camera work using the info from this thread.

I have contacted the seller, and after a few broken links and way too much blind clicking through websites in Chinese, finally was able to download the manual. I am leaving it here, in case somebody needs it in the future:

Box

• Helpful x 3
  12. Dilz

Dilz Member

Th
    Thanks for that!!!

I received mine yesterday and couldn't figure it out. Thanks to your instructions i was able ot get it up and running.

Also, on a side note, I was able to install a 128GB card (even though it says max 64gb). This gives me over 20 hours of 1080P recording on the one card with 10 min files.

• Love x 1
  13. Vinc

Vinc Member

Anybody had any issues with AP1 since installing the camera? My AP stopped working a couple of days later. Probably unrelated, the mirror and everything else seems to be working just fine, but I will probably remove the camera before taking the car to Tesla...

14. Graffi

Graffi Member

My car has been into Tesla Service several times since I installed the IRO Dachcam. It has never been an issue, they probably did not notice it was even there. Granted I have not had a problem with AP, but still, I can not imagine they would say anything or even care. The IRO Dashcam only takes a very small amount of the 12v electricity, nothing more.

• Informative x 1
  15. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

I always take the memory card out to disable it and let them know I did, otherwise, they cover the lense with blue masking tape. Camera shy.
    However, I would also remove it in the situation mentioned to avoid any issues.

• Informative x 1
  16. hly

hly Member

Does the camera play a music or say something in a synthesized voice when it starts up (when you enter the car)?

17. Vinc

Vinc Member

There is a chime to know it is recording.

18. hly

hly Member

Thanks, so whenever you enter the car there is a chime? Is it annoying after a while?

19. Vinc

Vinc Member

It is rather quiet, it becomes white noise after a bit. Sounds like the beep from a watch almost.

20. roadster2020

roadster2020 Banned

the app for the IRO dash cam is a bit crap and the wifi connection is poor. I would recommend a proper solution like blackvue, thinkaware of goluk