Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IRO DashCam - Model S AP2 unboxing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the ap2 version a few days ago and just tried to install it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me. The iOS app is showing black screen ( no live video ), and the cam refuses to record anything. I tried different sd cards with no luck. The red light just keeps on all the time.

Bought it through eBay and just contacted the seller. Let see how the customer service goes.

Are you sure this is not decided in the settings? Besides, 720 will give you more recording time. I have not spent that much time trying to understand all the settings. I installed, then looked at the video files and that is it. Good luck trying to find out.

Reactions: tangent
Just got the camera for my AP1 and it is installed and running.

The main trick is that the camera now comes without a manual, and there was no way to use the QR code that supposedly links to a PDF. Luckily I was able to make the camera work using the info from this thread.

I have contacted the seller, and after a few broken links and way too much blind clicking through websites in Chinese, finally was able to download the manual. I am leaving it here, in case somebody needs it in the future:

Box

Last edited:
Th
Just got the camera for my AP1 and it is installed and running.

The main trick is that the camera now comes without a manual, and there was no way to use the QR code that supposedly links to a PDF. Luckily I was able to make the camera work using the info from this thread.

I have contacted the seller, and after a few broken links and way too much blind clicking through websites in Chinese, finally was able to download the manual. I am leaving it here, in case somebody needs it in the future:

Box
Thanks for that!!!

I received mine yesterday and couldn't figure it out. Thanks to your instructions i was able ot get it up and running.

Also, on a side note, I was able to install a 128GB card (even though it says max 64gb). This gives me over 20 hours of 1080P recording on the one card with 10 min files.

• Love
Reactions: Vinc
Anybody had any issues with AP1 since installing the camera? My AP stopped working a couple of days later. Probably unrelated, the mirror and everything else seems to be working just fine, but I will probably remove the camera before taking the car to Tesla...

My car has been into Tesla Service several times since I installed the IRO Dachcam. It has never been an issue, they probably did not notice it was even there. Granted I have not had a problem with AP, but still, I can not imagine they would say anything or even care. The IRO Dashcam only takes a very small amount of the 12v electricity, nothing more.

• Informative
My car has been into Tesla Service several times since I installed the IRO Dachcam. It has never been an issue, they probably did not notice it was even there. Granted I have not had a problem with AP, but still, I can not imagine they would say anything or even care. The IRO Dashcam only takes a very small amount of the 12v electricity, nothing more.
I always take the memory card out to disable it and let them know I did, otherwise, they cover the lense with blue masking tape. Camera shy.
However, I would also remove it in the situation mentioned to avoid any issues.

• Informative