Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Irritated after 4 days of SR ownership.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't get that part where I would not have spent $2500 extra if I knew SR would have everything I needed.
But I spent $2500 unnecessarily because Tesla gave me wrong info.

I am giving up on you now.

Nobody knew that the cheaper model would have everything you wanted, including the people that thought they were order a car with manual cloth seats.
At some point, Tesla decided that it was cheaper to GIVE the people that bought the SR a whole bunch of free upgrades. Maybe they decided it was too expensive to make another line of interiors, maybe that would have caused further delays, maybe it costs them the same to make. Who knows.

You paid for, and received EXACTLY what you ordered.
Other people got a bonus, which added up to what you got. The key is, you didn't get screwed, they got extra.

I asked them
Nobody knew that the cheaper model would have everything you wanted, including the people that thought they were order a car with manual cloth seats.
At some point, Tesla decided that it was cheaper to GIVE the people that bought the SR a whole bunch of free upgrades. Maybe they decided it was too expensive to make another line of interiors, maybe that would have caused further delays, maybe it costs them the same to make. Who knows.

You paid for, and received EXACTLY what you ordered.
Other people got a bonus, which added up to what you got. The key is, you didn't get screwed, they got extra.
I asked Tesla
before ordering mine.
They said no you don't get heated seats with SR.
So I ordered sr+.
Few days later they said they are selling SR+ as SR and they will deactivate heated seats. And allow downgrades.
Ok. So far.

So all I am saying is they should deactivate or give me my money back. They said no refunds after 7 days.
Then make it right.

No refund and no deactivation is not right.

So I bet they will make it right by deactivating.

All those who want free heated seats are the true whiners.

• Disagree
Reactions: ry-ballz and Matt L
Quite interesting thread, @MXWing.

I remember you and I having a discussion in February about the SR being finally announced. You and I more or less agreed that it was the wrong time to bring it out.

Since you have one now, and are such an advocate for it, I assume you see this impacting sales of the higher end versions? This is counter to what Tesla actually needs now, yes?

For a slightly longer range (which most people don't realistically need, if daily driving averages are to be believed), and a slightly quicker 0-60 (which most people can't realistically differentiate), what's the compelling reason to buy the P car? Especially if for all intents and purposes they appear the same inside and out?

Has Tesla just cannibalized its own product line? For less profit?

Reactions: turtlesz and MXWing
I asked them
I asked Tesla
before ordering mine.
They said no you don't get heated seats with SR.
So I ordered sr+.
Few days later they said they are selling SR+ as SR and they will deactivate heated seats. And allow downgrades.
Ok. So far.

So all I am saying is they should deactivate or give me my money back. They said no refunds after 7 days.
Then make it right.

No refund and no deactivation is not right.

So I bet they will make it right by deactivating.

All those who want free heated seats are the true whiners.

So you bought and got heated seats ....

But you’re mad because someone else got heated seats too?

I fail to understand why what’s in someone else’s car is any of your concern?

I am a TSLA shareholder and I quote the free cash flow chart often. It's behind but hopefully others will get the idea. FY2019Q1 was ugly. 4X expected loss per share.

tesla-cash-flow-3q18-800x574.png

One of biggest problems I have with Tesla owners is they either DONT KNOW OR DONT CARE that Tesla having healthy financials is important to the future support of their vehicle. Without TSLA, there is no Tesla.

I'm plugged into the financials market but I understand a lot of people are not so it never crosses their mind. No one thinks about HAS when buying Monopoly, or DIS when watching Avengers or ATT when watching Game of Thrones.

On the other hand, with no Tesla, there is no TSLA.
You need the car buyers as well and you have to find a way to maintain the bottom line as well as make people happy.

It's not good business to issue refunds. It's not good business to infuriate owners even if you have a one of a kind product.

Therefor, I suggested some actions Tesla could take to make SR+ owners feel better about their purchases without impact or disruption to their bottom line.

Offering SR+ owners an option to downgrade to SR so Tesla cuts them a check is dumb.

Giving SR+ owners a bone like some exclusive software or SC credits is savvy.
You do realize that Tesla is now too big to fail. Their brand is also too valuable to just disappear. Rest assured Tesla will always be around. It may be acquired by another company, but it’ll still be here in our lifetime. So I’m not too worried about the financial health of Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: Matt L
I just realized I should be irritated too.

Last April when I placed my order for my 3 RWD LR, I had to spend $14,000 on options I didn't want. Have I ever mentioned that before?

Glass roof, fancy seats, fancy stereo, and big battery. Since it seems like the 3SR or 3SR+ comes with some of those same things, except the big battery, and the power seats on the 3SR, so I feel like I overpaid a bit. I can't even feel happy about getting the early March deal for $2000 for AP, because now you can get it for $2500 or whatever, with other things, on a new 3SR+. I forget the exact details.

If Tesla does fail, they will be bought up by Google and Tesla cars will have even more of the spy stuff in them like Google has in their home virtual assistants, like the one where it was recently revealed that they conveniently "forgot to mention" the extra microphones in them that are always on.

• Love
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Hahahahahahahaha!

A car company with a global sales volume less than that of JLR is "too big to fail".

Former executives of Circuit City, Pan Am and Sears might like a word with you.
You realize that someone was willing to throw money at trying to sell and build Karmas even after the Fisker bankruptcy. I have a feeling that Tesla will have no problem getting funding for a chapter 11 bankruptcy.

You realize that someone was willing to throw money at trying to sell and build Karmas even after the Fisker bankruptcy. I have a feeling that Tesla will have no problem getting funding for a chapter 11 bankruptcy.

I do realize that... *shudder*

It's a better car now, from what they say, but I suppose that's like being a taller midget.

In any case, I think you can agree there are plenty of case samples to contradict this notion of "too big to fail", three of which I quoted just off the top of my head.

Tesla's brand is strong in its arena, it would get bought up, most likely. That shouldn't give anyone comfort to get cocky.

• Funny
Reactions: Leafdriver333

It's a better car now, from what they say, but I suppose that's like being a taller midget.

In any case, I think you can agree there are plenty of case samples to contradict this notion of "too big to fail", three of which I quoted just off the top of my head.

Tesla's brand is strong in its arena, it would get bought up, most likely. That shouldn't give anyone comfort to get cocky.
I'd like to see an example of a company manufacturing products with positive gross margins being unable to do a chapter 11 reorganization.
Retail and airlines are very different businesses where liquidation is often the best option for bond holders.

Hahahahahahahaha!

A car company with a global sales volume less than that of JLR is "too big to fail".

Former executives of Circuit City, Pan Am and Sears might like a word with you.
Circuit City, Pan Am, and Sears don’t have a thing called intellectual property. Those brands also don’t carry any weight.

Not being cocky at all. I just know that Tesla has a massive intellectual property portfolio that a lot of Silicon Valley companies would be interested in buying. Also, those companies you mention lack brand clout and intellectual property, hence their ultimate demise. Tesla is considered a luxury brand. That alone already differentiates it from circuit city, Pan Am, or Sears.

Quite interesting thread, @MXWing.

I remember you and I having a discussion in February about the SR being finally announced. You and I more or less agreed that it was the wrong time to bring it out.

Since you have one now, and are such an advocate for it, I assume you see this impacting sales of the higher end versions? This is counter to what Tesla actually needs now, yes?

For a slightly longer range (which most people don't realistically need, if daily driving averages are to be believed), and a slightly quicker 0-60 (which most people can't realistically differentiate), what's the compelling reason to buy the P car? Especially if for all intents and purposes they appear the same inside and out?

Has Tesla just cannibalized its own product line? For less profit?

There's really two school of thoughts here and I hope Tesla IS following one of the schools and driving everything behind that spear:

1 - Maximum level of market penetration, short term share price and profits be damned.
2 - Maintaining financial discipline, curbing ambitions, ensuring expenses are minimized, efficiently spend resources and use profits to fund growth.

I'm not as bold as Elon, nor do I have a billions as a safety net so I run business units with philosophy #2. Clearly, Tesla is not doing the second school. ;)

No question the 3 isn't eating the S and X's lunch. I predicted it a year ago and its the reality today.

It was very hard to get an X, I couldn't justify it were not having access to blunt some of the costs for business usage. Once I got the X, I KNEW I would enjoy the Performance Model 3. Didn't even test drive it. First time I sat in one was when I drove it off.

Still love my Performance Model 3. Getting the current SR was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made. Again, no time needed to research alternatives.

It will be an easy decision to flip this second 3 for a Model Y in two years.

Tesla isn't making any money off me on the second Model 3 clearly, but I'm sure they will on the Y. I think that's what they are just needing to survive until.

Those coming from C63 AMG, M3, M5, Z06, ZL1, NSX, GTR, etc etc will go for the performance model. 3.3 0-60 for under 70K is good value. Tesla just needs to make it look a little different. I know why they didn't but maybe they will improve manufacturing so they can.

3 Tesla's in 3 years. I actually gave Chevy a chance to put me in another Volt. I didn't think they could be compelling enough but I gave the effort due diligence.

I think its very probable that my household isn't the only household that is exclusively Tesla for vehicles that match our needs.