Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 20 weeks too long to wait for a repair part?

What should i do after waiting 20 weeks for a replacement part?

• Find a secret communications backchannel (Batphone)!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Take to a twitter tirade!

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Hire Saul Goodman and Lawyer up!

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive heard horror stories: So maybe you guys can make me feel better about being sent through the circular file. I brought my then 6 month old Model S in for a loose driver seat. They looked at it and said they'd order a new drivers seat with an 8 week eta.

It's running past 20 weeks now and after I call and they say they will chase down the parts guy, never heard back. Happened twice now. Tried emailing ServiceNA and no response.

The car is almost a year old now I think 5 months is a decent enough waiting period for a part. So advice.

#1 talk to someone else in your secret communications list
#2 take to twitter
#3 hire a lawyer.

Is my experience mild, medium or hot?

Ive heard horror stories: So maybe you guys can make me feel better about being sent through the circular file. I brought my then 6 month old Model S in for a loose driver seat. They looked at it and said they'd order a new drivers seat with an 8 week eta.

It's running past 20 weeks now and after I call and they say they will chase down the parts guy, never heard back. Happened twice now. Tried emailing ServiceNA and no response.

The car is almost a year old now I think 5 months is a decent enough waiting period for a part. So advice.

#1 talk to someone else in your secret communications list
#2 take to twitter
#3 hire a lawyer.

Is my experience mild, medium or hot?

20 weeks waiting for a new driver's seat and it's STILL not available?? WTF is that?! This is a potential safety issue, as having a "loose" driver's seat in an accident definitely sounds NOT ok.

When the windshield of my Spark EV was cracked, I found out that a replacement windshield needed to be ordered from the GM plant in KOREA, as the Spark EV windshield was different from a regular Spark's. Despite having to be shipped halfway across the globe, I had my new winshield installed within a week.

You are literally a stone's throw away from Tesla HQ and they can't get you a replacement driver's seat after 5 months? Ridiculous.

long waits for parts is the well known dark side of tesla ownership.
getting a lawyer involved will not be a help and could be a detriment.
the best tactic is to go as high up the chain you can go and be a bit of a squeaky wheel.
even after getting your issue addressed won't be much of a help if the parts that you need are not in stock.
I don't understand what the issue tesla has with stocking replacement parts but I do know their current way of doing things is not working very well.

Tam didn't know that existed. I will need to check it out! Apparentely now they will re-order the seat because there was a problem with the initial order. Argh! Seems like a cop out excuse.

I was being only a little sarcastic with the lawyer route. But it feels likes it's been getting a bit out of hand.

I've asked for a new expectation of delivery time. I will see what they say and figure out if I escalate then

I had almost the same issue with my drivers seat replacement for it being loose, I took it in on March 3rd, and didn't get my seat till July 7th.

Tell them you don't feel safe driving it like that and they will put you in a loaner, then all of a sudden it will show up.

And now my seat is loose again :(, I need to call them.