Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 39mV unbalance (parking mode) in my battery pack & 4% SoC bad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd say no, i mean that is only 0.039V anyway, now if it was .3 then yeah that seems pretty far off bun not .03 especially at a really low SoC like 4%. charge it and then look at it after its done charging and balancing itself out it should be pretty squared up then.

I'd say no, i mean that is only 0.039V anyway, now if it was .3 then yeah that seems pretty far off bun not .03 especially at a really low SoC like 4%. charge it and then look at it after its done charging and balancing itself out it should be pretty squared up then.

I have charge it too 50% then it is between 6 á 9 mV. On 4% SoC it slowly increased above 40mV but I then start charging too prevent any warranty problems afterwards!

here is yesterday while supercharging and today while the car has sat for 30 min after driving to work you can see that while charging it was
0.034v off balance and while it was sitting it was 0.007v i dont have any captures from a low pack charge but when low it doesnt balance as well to save power. And again 0.039v isnt anything
while chargingwhile sitting

here is yesterday while supercharging and today while the car has sat for 30 min after driving to work you can see that while charging it was
0.034v off balance and while it was sitting it was 0.007v i dont have any captures from a low pack charge but when low it doesnt balance as well to save power. And again 0.039v isnt anything
View attachment 809115View attachment 809116
I’m aware that balancing is only on high SoC. But for what is understand is how greater the unbalance is the lower the total capacity will be and that said the lower the total range is get. Because the BMS gets fast triggered the safety margin

Can you tell me how I can get this overview in ScanMyTesla?

You're happy as you are not voltage capped on an 85kWh pack ;) ...those unbalances especially while very low SOC are normal..

I’m aware that balancing is only on high SoC. But for what is understand is how greater the unbalance is the lower the total capacity will be and that said the lower the total range is get. Because the BMS gets fast triggered the safety margin
Yes, balancing is done only above approx 90% SOC where it makes a sense. And yes, but once again, such small difference of 40mV in very low SOC makes no difference in range even if it was 0mV as the voltage drops pretty quickly while being low ;)

again since you're not listening 0.039v is nothing so don't worry about it
Can you tell me how I can get this overview in ScanMyTesla?
open SMT and click on the tab that says BMS this is what it shows. perhaps apple people have it different than us cool folks but that's what the app looks like in android.