Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Is $400 clear bra job FULL HOOD a scam?

Full hood, as in just the hood is done? Or is the front bumper, and fenders included?

If just the hood, that seems reasonable, it's not very hard to do a hood. If it's the whole front, then that doesn't seem reasonable. Material cost alone for the whole front is close to $400. That doesn't leave much of anything for labor.

acarney

Jul 9, 2019
Richland, WA
I came here to say the same thing. If it's the HOOD, then ya, that seems fine. If it's front fender and front corners back to the front doors and full hood (and even headlights) then that is way out of range. I think my shop quoted like $795 or something if I just wanted that done. It's a lot of labor to do a good job.

aplusautoMD

Northern MD's Premier Tesla detail shop!
Local Vendor - Mid-Atlantic
Feb 5, 2020
Forest Hill Maryland
$400 for a hood in suntek sounds like a good deal. I would tell someone about the same, maybe $500 with all edges wrapped. You get what you pay for with these services, an inexperienced installer can actually do more damage to your car if they aren’t careful. I would make sure you find a reputable shop with more than zero reviews. We also remove and replace the hood ‘T’ emblem with every PPF job. Gives it a much cleaner look. And no, installing film is not rocket science, but the results speak for themselves when installed properly, and if you’re paying for a $60K+ car, you should want your PPF to look good!

Found this in Houston - looks legit

2ED0BDA7-9819-42DF-B856-51CC05BC8A33.png

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC