Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is $400 clear bra job FULL HOOD a scam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid $500 for a complete ceramic coating when other companies were quoting thousands of dollars. I would check references and see what others have experienced with the shop. I think a lot of shops charge exorbitant prices for bras, wraps and coatings. It’s not rocket science.

Full hood, as in just the hood is done? Or is the front bumper, and fenders included?

If just the hood, that seems reasonable, it's not very hard to do a hood. If it's the whole front, then that doesn't seem reasonable. Material cost alone for the whole front is close to $400. That doesn't leave much of anything for labor.

I came here to say the same thing. If it's the HOOD, then ya, that seems fine. If it's front fender and front corners back to the front doors and full hood (and even headlights) then that is way out of range. I think my shop quoted like $795 or something if I just wanted that done. It's a lot of labor to do a good job.

I think that is reasonable. I dont have a clear wrap on my Tesla MS, but have it in my 09 Cayenne GTS. Had the front end clear bra wrapped the day after i bought it 11 years ago. It costs me $2000 and is still on until today.

$400 for a hood in suntek sounds like a good deal. I would tell someone about the same, maybe $500 with all edges wrapped. You get what you pay for with these services, an inexperienced installer can actually do more damage to your car if they aren’t careful. I would make sure you find a reputable shop with more than zero reviews. We also remove and replace the hood ‘T’ emblem with every PPF job. Gives it a much cleaner look. And no, installing film is not rocket science, but the results speak for themselves when installed properly, and if you’re paying for a $60K+ car, you should want your PPF to look good!

He said full Hood, sounds about right for 400.00, full frontal would be around 1800.00 which includes the Hood, bumper, fenders, side mirrors, lights and fog lights. Additional 450.00 for the rocker panels.

Fred

Found this in Houston - looks legit

2ED0BDA7-9819-42DF-B856-51CC05BC8A33.png