Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 8-12 Week Delivery Estimate accurate these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a M3P on 7/22. Got a call from a Tesla rep a couple of days later letting me know I had done everything to get in line. Said 4-8 week estimate (which showed when I ordered) was still accurate. Received a text yesterday saying thanks for your patience and they’d be in touch once a VIN is assigned and that it would take ~10-14 days to arrive after a VIN is assigned. Overall communication has been good so far but sounds like initial estimate of timing will be accurate.

This is good info. After I placed my order I didn't any feedback, I reached out to my SA and she said theres some info I need to fill out online. After I filed it out, I've just been waiting. It's been 10 days now since I placed my order.

I placed my order on 6/15 and have updated everything on their website including loan agreement. I still dont have a VIN and was told August is unlikely at this point. I am in MA...frustrating to see orders after mine get vehicles before me

i would follow up with my SA what model 3 did you order? Its a June order so i would assume they will fill it asap, did you refuse delivery or something where it got pushed back?

I wish Tesla was more transparent about when the car is expected, they act like it’s a secret. It’s a big purchase and a lot of planning goes around it for them to just shrug and say probably within 8 weeks. Plus how VINs are assigned seems really random.

i would follow up with my SA what model 3 did you order? Its a June order so i would assume they will fill it asap, did you refuse delivery or something where it got pushed back?

LR AWD in grey (literally about as standard as you can get). I did not refuse or pushback. it said 8-12 weeks when I ordered and I said I'd take it whenever available

I did follow up and he basically told me it is what it is. Says it sometimes done regional and we are in New England so further away and takes longest.

LR AWD in grey (literally about as standard as you can get). I did not refuse or pushback. it said 8-12 weeks when I ordered and I said I'd take it whenever available

I did follow up and he basically told me it is what it is. Says it sometimes done regional and we are in New England so further away and takes longest.

I think what happened to you, and I’m just speculating here, is that you ordered at the exact wrong time based on the end of quarter and your location. They probably sent out all the east coast shipments for the quarter and you just missed the cutoff and once July hit they shifted production to oversees and almost no one in the US got deliveries. I’d think that you’re probably going to hear something early this month, but I don’t know how they organize shipments.

Ordered a basic SR+ solid black, 18" wheels on July 28. I'm on the east coast in Rockville, MD. My SA told me if I wanted delivery in September, the cutoff would be around Aug 2 to get the order in. He mentioned the production switching to Europe, but I can't remember when. In any case, it would be nice to get a VIN soon- my bank is patiently waiting for it to finish the loan.

After reading these posts about the source code, I checked it out on my order page. I almost started screaming when the search found 5YJ, but alas it was just some random code.

Reactions: gaslol
Ordered a basic SR+ solid black, 18" wheels on July 28. I'm on the east coast in Rockville, MD. My SA told me if I wanted delivery in September, the cutoff would be around Aug 2 to get the order in. He mentioned the production switching to Europe, but I can't remember when. In any case, it would be nice to get a VIN soon- my bank is patiently waiting for it to finish the loan.

Right now they're showing 4-8 weeks for MD, as well as most other states I've checked. I'm hoping this estimate doesn't stretch out as Sept. approaches, I'm waiting until Battery Day gets closer to place my order and give myself some wiggle-space if any decision-affecting news comes out.

After reading these posts about the source code, I checked it out on my order page. I almost started screaming when the search found 5YJ, but alas it was just some random code.

ordered white with black interior LR AWD 18s on 7/5 taking delivery in Rockville, MD as well. Nothing yet.

Reactions: gaslol
Ok, guys ,just got the following , on my way out to get my M3P; will let you know how it goes. ordered 6/28
upload_2020-8-6_13-46-48.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 1.35.42 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 1.35.42 PM.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 48
  • upload_2020-8-6_13-46-29.png
    upload_2020-8-6_13-46-29.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 43
Ordered on 7/18. So, I'm almost 3 weeks in. Just got a text today saying that my car is going to be another 5-8 weeks from today!!! WTF!!

Originally on the site it said 4-8 weeks. Now it's looking more like 8-12 weeks.

I got the same text - from today it will now be 5-8 weeks. I ordered on 7/21, and at that time, delivery was 4-8 weeks. I'm feeling pretty frustrated about the additional wait