Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 8-12 Week Delivery Estimate accurate these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi if you dont mind me asking when did you order? I ordered mine on 6th of July SR+ in white with 19inch and i havent heard anything yet...the first time my SA reached out was after financing and said its scheduled to be built on August 7th week...just curious to see when you ordered and what specs?

Hi if you dont mind me asking when did you order? I ordered mine on 6th of July SR+ in white with 19inch and i havent heard anything yet...the first time my SA reached out was after financing and said its scheduled to be built on August 7th week...just curious to see when you ordered and what specs?
I order mine on July 13th... I ordered a P3D+ White on Black, no FSD. Delivery to Oakville, ON

I ordered a sr+ white on black with aero wheels on 7/23. At first the site said there was a 4-8 week wait but shortly after it jumped to 5-9 week wait.

I’m getting this car delivered to jersey. Anyone else have a wait this long in the northeast?

I ordered a M3P on 7/22. Got a call from a Tesla rep a couple of days later letting me know I had done everything to get in line. Said 4-8 week estimate (which showed when I ordered) was still accurate. Received a text yesterday saying thanks for your patience and they’d be in touch once a VIN is assigned and that it would take ~10-14 days to arrive after a VIN is assigned. Overall communication has been good so far but sounds like initial estimate of timing will be accurate.

Reactions: NpOverspeed
I ordered a M3P on 7/22. Got a call from a Tesla rep a couple of days later letting me know I had done everything to get in line. Said 4-8 week estimate (which showed when I ordered) was still accurate. Received a text yesterday saying thanks for your patience and they’d be in touch once a VIN is assigned and that it would take ~10-14 days to arrive after a VIN is assigned. Overall communication has been good so far but sounds like initial estimate of timing will be accurate.
That's valuable information. I got some good advice that I should sell my current vehicle and not trade in to Tesla. I just want to get on with it, lol, Especially since the KBB estimate for my S4 is exactly what I wanted.

That's valuable information. I got some good advice that I should sell my current vehicle and not trade in to Tesla. I just want to get on with it, lol, Especially since the KBB estimate for my S4 is exactly what I wanted.

I hear you. I went ahead and sold my current vehicle on Friday. I had planned to sell to Carvana, but received a call from a local dealership after requesting an instant cash offer on KBB. They came to my home to appraise it and beat Carvana’s offer so I went ahead and sold it. We have another vehicle in the meantime and not driving much these days anyway. Good luck with your sale (& purchase of course)!

Reactions: swb2734
I hear you. I went ahead and sold my current vehicle on Friday. I had planned to sell to Carvana, but received a call from a local dealership after requesting an instant cash offer on KBB. They came to my home to appraise it and beat Carvana’s offer so I went ahead and sold it. We have another vehicle in the meantime and not driving much these days anyway. Good luck with your sale (& purchase of course)!
My wife would kill me if I did that. I’m holding off, but I hate the uncertainty with the sale. My car isn’t upside down but could be close to break even depending on the estimate.