Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 8-12 Week Delivery Estimate accurate these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called the Cincinnati location. They said they don't have a VIN assigned to my order yet, but they're expecting a bunch to come in in two to four weeks. It will take two weeks for the vehicle to arrive there after it's off the assembly line.

Bottom line is end of September at the very latest, but could be earlier. How much earlier, who knows?

I was told that here in Maryland, all vehicles are coming in September- at the latest. VINs should be coming in a couple weeks. Haven't received any texts. Ordered a SR+ solid black, black int, 18" aero, autopilot.

Tesla site has 3-7 week delivery for All Vehicles. Seems like an excessive amount of time. Is there a chance that it is related to battery day? More range for all vehicles? or just Model S & X?

Not ordering a new car till later in the year or early next year but curious. Hoping they increase range across the entire line!

Model S 2013 owner here. Time to dump my 2013.

Tesla site has 3-7 week delivery for All Vehicles. Seems like an excessive amount of time. Is there a chance that it is related to battery day? More range for all vehicles? or just Model S & X?

Not ordering a new car till later in the year or early next year but curious. Hoping they increase range across the entire line!

Model S 2013 owner here. Time to dump my 2013.
Could be a number of reasons. My guess is the pandemic combined with the new Model Y launch.

so nothing in August as well? That’ll be a rough wait...

I don't think anyone really knows for certain other than it's very likely going to be before the end of Q3 (Sep 30th). There's people still waiting from the end of June & beginning of July with no update, yet some people have ordered at the end of July and gotten their orders already. It's a pretty disappointing order process with no way to know when the vehicle is coming and there's 0 communication from Tesla until you get asked to schedule delivery.

I don't think anyone really knows for certain other than it's very likely going to be before the end of Q3 (Sep 30th). There's people still waiting from the end of June & beginning of July with no update, yet some people have ordered at the end of July and gotten their orders already. It's a pretty disappointing order process with no way to know when the vehicle is coming and there's 0 communication from Tesla until you get asked to schedule delivery.

Yup! Couldn’t agree more with the delay. Order placed on June 14th. Received a text asked me to complete all necessary paperwork several days after order and I haven’t heard a thing since. My 60 day lock in is about to expire too and hindsight I’m frustrated to have a credit query and waste it.

After being on a 3-5 week estimate for the last month, just got a text today saying "We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 4-7 weeks from today."

Yep, I got the same thing today. I went almost over a week without my SA responding to me with an update. So I just asked now and got the auto text set to me. it says 4-7 weeks from today. I ordered it back on July 17th. So at the min that is waiting 8 weeks up to 11. This is just damn madness.

Ordered a SR+ white/white with aero wheels on 08/05 for delivery in Vancouver BC, when I ordered the delivery times were 4-8 weeks. I also received the text today stating that "We currently expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 4-7 weeks from today". Guess the timing is pretty accurate with the initial delivery time estimate given, for myself that is.

Yep, I got the same thing today. I went almost over a week without my SA responding to me with an update. So I just asked now and got the auto text set to me. it says 4-7 weeks from today. I ordered it back on July 17th. So at the min that is waiting 8 weeks up to 11. This is just damn madness.
I got the "3-6 week fr om today" text about an hour ago and I placed order on July 17th as well: blue/black/LR/18"

I'll join the party. My txt today says 2-5 weeks (ordered 07/03 in Calgary). Initial estimate was 8-12 weeks, so that puts me right inside of that. It seems like these estimates are accurate for a large percentage of customers, but the outlier fast deliveries give everyone false hope for a surprise rapid turn around!