Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is a Tesla easy to steal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I absolutely love mine. Had had them since the original gen 1 Apple Watch. Moved from a Tag. Not as stylish as the Tag, but the convenience is amazing.

In relation to charging, yes, it needs charging every night. But I always used to take my Tag off at night, anyway, so there’s no real difference to taking my Tag off and putting it on the bedside table to taking off my Apple Watch and putting it on the charger on the bedside table.

A smartwatch is one of those things you don’t realise how useful they are until you have one and actually make use of the features. Yes, there’s nothing I wouldn’t be able to do with my phone, but the convenience is not having to take my phone out of my pocket.
I’ve also had mine since gen 1 and really is the first watch I’ve worn everyday (even gifted it on when I’ve upgraded). I tend to wear mine on a night as the alarm utilises the haptics on the watch so it wakes me up but not the wife.
I then just take it off when I wake up to charge it and put it back on when out of the shower (it doesn’t often get back to 100% but then again it never gets to zero either).
As @Cardo says, it’s also useful if I don’t want to take my phone out for whatever reason such as skipping a song when washing the car or just responding to a text with a quick response.

+1

I find the health tracking, Apple Pay, walking navigation, HomeKit Siri Control and ability to add reminders the most useful features (over and above telling the time). As @Cardo says, nothing you can't do with the phone, but so much more convenient than you might imagine. WatchApp for Tesla is quite good, but I often have to wait so long for the car to wake up that I end up using the phone anyway.
The trick with Watch App for Tesla is to request the command straight away, even if the car hasn’t yet woken up (the screen slightly greyed out). The app will send the command, once the car wakes up. No need to wait around.

The trick with Watch App for Tesla is to request the command straight away, even if the car hasn’t yet woken up (the screen slightly greyed out). The app will send the command, once the car wakes up. No need to wait around.
Thank you. I was aware, but for some reason the icon to unlock the charge port isn't displayed sometimes even though I have that set as a preference. Even when it is and I tap it, by the time I walk out to the car it still hasn't woken up sometimes. Getting the phone out, unlocking the car and tapping the Tesla app makes that happen more quickly than waiting for the Internet to get there.

And this is why it is difficult to steel a Tesla M3/MY.
There is no door key to pick, no key fob to relay attack and no easy to access ODB port in the car
Additionally, pin to drive makes it almost impossible to steal and drive away...
(from 3 minutes and on, full details at 7 minutes)