Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is All Glass Roof a unicorn??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm finding it nearly impossible to find a CPO with it, and was it not even offered with the P85d or P90d? Was looking forward to getting that combo but it appears they are nowhere to be found.

Did Tesla resolve the leaking sunroof issues on older ones?

I'm finding it nearly impossible to find a CPO with it, and was it not even offered with the P85d or P90d? Was looking forward to getting that combo but it appears they are nowhere to be found.

Did Tesla resolve the leaking sunroof issues on older ones?
They did come out with an updated sunroof several years ago, 2015 or 2016, which probably fixed the problems experienced with the first generation sunroofs.

Reactions: JohnnyG
is that a unicorn?

Body color (metal) roofs are in the minority, but definitely not rare enough to be unicorn-worthy. They stopped being an option on the Model S when the fixed (non-sunroof), all-glass roof was introduced.

A black (metal) roof on a non-black car was an option once upon a time, and that's pretty rare, think I've only seen that once.

Bruce.

Body color (metal) roofs are in the minority, but definitely not rare enough to be unicorn-worthy. They stopped being an option on the Model S when the fixed (non-sunroof), all-glass roof was introduced.

A black (metal) roof on a non-black car was an option once upon a time, and that's pretty rare, think I've only seen that once.

Bruce.
In November/December 2016 you could order either of the 3 options: solid roof, all glass roof, or pano. I ordered a solid roof back then, but IIRC glass roof was $1,000 and pano was $2,500.

Reactions: jaguar36
Actually I am, I know that Tesla has changed the names of the roofs (pano, sunroof, all glass roof, solid color) but I am looking for a performance model with the all-glass (no sunroof) and never see any CPOs.
As @kev1n mentioned, by the time the all-glass roof came out, they were building the P100D so that eliminates the P85D and practically eliminates the P90D.

*They did build 90 kWh and 100 kWh cars simultaneously for a while at the end of 2016/beginning of 2017.

Last edited:
I had the solid glass roof on my Model S 90D. I ordered it immediately after AutoPilot 2.0 was announced and the solid glass roof was introduced shortly thereafter - I was able to change from the Pano sliding glass roof to the solid glass roof before my car was built and took delivery in December of 2016. The 100 kWh battery was introduced a few months after I took delivery (in early 2017).

There are some 90 kWh Model Ss out there with the solid glass roof.

Mike

I had the solid glass roof on my Model S 90D. I ordered it immediately after AutoPilot 2.0 was announced and the solid glass roof was introduced shortly thereafter - I was able to change from the Pano sliding glass roof to the solid glass roof before my car was built and took delivery in December of 2016. The 100 kWh battery was introduced a few months after I took delivery (in early 2017).

There are some 90 kWh Model Ss out there with the solid glass roof.

Mike
Yeah, very few...and probably even fewer P90Ds with one. That would make them a unicorn, as the title asks. :)

Reactions: BulldogsRus