Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is ambient light buzzing resolved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen a post on this in a long time. Wondering if I can cross this off the Punch List I moderate over at the Telsa forum.

Recent car recipients: Do you have an ambient light buzzing when the lights are turned down low?

Original car recipients: Has your ambient light buzzing problem been resolved?

Thanks.

Haven't seen a post on this in a long time. Wondering if I can cross this off the Punch List I moderate over at the Telsa forum.

Recent car recipients: Do you have an ambient light buzzing when the lights are turned down low?

Original car recipients: Has your ambient light buzzing problem been resolved?

Thanks.

Mine don't buzz, but I have not yet found out how to dim them in the first place. Do they dim with the slider that dims the screens? If so, I do have my screens dimmed and no buzzing that I can hear.

Mine still buzz, but it's only really perceptible between songs and when climate control is running at low or off, and even then you have to strain to hear it. As you move the brightness slider you can hear the buzzing change. For me it occurs when the brightness slider is below 70% or so.

Mine still buzz, but it's only really perceptible between songs and when climate control is running at low or off, and even then you have to strain to hear it. As you move the brightness slider you can hear the buzzing change. For me it occurs when the brightness slider is below 70% or so.

So the screen brightness slider adjusts the ambients too? I didn't realize that. Mine seem fairly bright even when I have the screens dimmed down at night. I'll have to check and see if that's how mine work. Maybe Tesla fixed the problem by just having the ambients either on or off with no dimming???

So the screen brightness slider adjusts the ambients too? I didn't realize that. Mine seem fairly bright even when I have the screens dimmed down at night. I'll have to check and see if that's how mine work. Maybe Tesla fixed the problem by just having the ambients either on or off with no dimming???

That would be the simple fix but it doesn't seem like they've implemented that yet (I don't know why).

My Sig Perf still buzzes when the ambients are on and the screens are below some threshold %age of brightness. I turn the ambients on periodically, sigh that the issue isn't fixed, then turn them back off. Unavailable-because-it-costs-more-than-it's-worth features are like a mild headache that just won't go away.

I would be happy if the ambient lights were simply not dimmed and were either on or off. The brightness of them isn't something that needs to be adjusted, at least not in my car.

I'm a sig holder as well (Oct 2012) and still have the buzzing anywhere below 80% running the 4.3 firmware. My only solution is to turn it off. I've told support about it but they said they don't have a solution yet. Really nice feature that I wish I could use.

-Joe
Just confirmed, no fix yet, with my service tech while he was here.