Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is ambient light buzzing resolved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the feedback everyone. It is looking like cars with VINs above a certain number were built with a fix while those below are still waiting resolution. Perhaps more people will chime in to confirm or refute the hypothesis further. If the hypothesis holds perhaps we can get an idea around what VIN the fix was implemented in new builds.

I was told the fix required the main 17" screen to be replaced. I'm vin #513 and the Columbus service center has it on order to be replaced. I will report back after repair is scheduled and completed. p

No worries as Tesla is standing behind their Model S.

---Kent

I don't care if there is a buzz. I changed the settings and eliminated it long ago. I doubt I or most owners will want to replace the screen to eliminate the buzz.
Every time you fix one thing, you can hurt other things.
Only fix if you are bothered.

Did you make sure the ambient lights were on? Even though you turn the screen manually to night mode, the headlights must be on for the ambient lights to come on.

Re-checked mine last night. I could see the ambients and dash lights go up and down in unison with the slider. Absolutely no buzzing or noise that I can hear with the dash in either day or night mode anywhere from 0 to 100%.

I believe you mentioned already having a screen replacement, no? It was speculated earlier in this thread that the culprit is the 17" display.

I just took mine in for annual service and I mentioned the ambient light buzzing as an ongoing issue. They told me that it would be addressed in a software update - nothing about replacing the 17" which is what I was expecting.

I have a P85+ loaner car right now (VIN # 11,264) and it doesn't appear to have the ambient light buzzing issue. The fan is on, so maybe it's covering up the sound (It's running 4.5 software version .44). I'll check it again tonight, but compared to my Sig (VIN 532), the buzzing seems much reduced, if not eliminated. My Sig still has it, but I told service about it when I took it in this week and they are seeing what they can do.