Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone backing into parking spaces in order to have better cross traffic vision by pulling out instead of backing out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the rest of those doubting the dramatic hyperbole of "over a million", see this link and note I rounded down by almost 25%:

So, this idea that improved safety features are unnecessary (industry-wide, not just for Tesla) and that people got along fine before seatbelts, airbags, and these new technology interventions simply must end.

Reactions: Daekwan
Car play I can’t explain. Elon must be pissed at apple.
Thats exactly it. Hell Apple Music streaming would be even easier to add.

Anyways he went to Apple in 2017 looking to sell Tesla.. and they told him to kick rocks. Literally refused to even meet with him.

For the last 18 years I've been parking the Army way. Whenever we park a vehicle it is always parked so it can be driven straight out, eg. backed into the space.

We do this for an assortment of reasons the most logical, (yeah logic in the military is very rare) is so we can quickly jump into a truck or track and drive out and conduct the mission. If you have several trucks all trying to back out and turn around at the same time it would be chaos, vs just pulling out of a space and moving out.

When i park my car at the grocery store or anywhere for that matter i am just used to backing into a space it comes naturally and i find it much easier than pulling into a space. You don't see people that did a shitty job of parking that backed into a spot but people that pull in are always the ones that go over the lines. I'm not talking about the assholes that take 2 spots on purpose for the sake of being an asshat i mean the people that misjudged their turn angles and are over the lines making the spot adjacent smaller on accident and are too entitled to pull out and fix their parking job.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
Airborne I get it (and also give much thanks to your service keeping us all safe !!!!)

my argument is you have paid for simple features offered on $20k cars like bsm and cross traffic, car play. You paid for that entree but you didn’t get it. That’s a problem to me.

yes I could also roll up my windows by hand I could lock all 4 doors, I could prob also have fun driving without abs or traction control. I’ve driven cars a long time. But I’ve never driven a car this expensive without basic features. It’s a glaring deficit fuels only by lack of competition.

Problem with that logic is that also fuels competition. Betting Ford Mach e has all these features standard. Whiles it’s not yet up to Tesla level, it will be soon and this will just make it an easier decision for buyers. Bottom line : Tesla needs to step it up in this regard.