Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone completely happy with their M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is ordering day. Lots of brilliantly informative stuff on here and am grateful for this little community to guide new people to the EV world through.

I enjoy reading about people’s first impressions, first week, first 1,000 miles with their new expensive toy.

I realise that a lot of people don't use forums like this but I am left wondering is anyone 100% completely happy with their M3?

thanks

Today is ordering day. Lots of brilliantly informative stuff on here and am grateful for this little community to guide new people to the EV world through.

I enjoy reading about people’s first impressions, first week, first 1,000 miles with their new expensive toy.

I realise that a lot of people don't use forums like this but I am left wondering is anyone 100% completely happy with their M3?

thanks

Refer to my recent poll. Vast majority of us are willing to make the same mistake or dive deeper:)

• Funny
Reactions: OneTinyFish
I'm happy

Would rather have better interior materials etc, ie the usual moans but its not enough to put me off.

I'll consider a Ford Mach E and other options when my lease runs out next year but I doubt I'll move away from Tesla

thanks

I’ve never been 100% happy with any car I’ve had, all have pros and cons. To name but a few, the 911 had terrible road noise, even for a ‘sports’ car, but had fantastic steering. The TVR was terrible in most objective criteria, but loved it nonetheless. The Maserati had over light steering, didn’t handle particularly well but had a wonderful engine and was surprisingly economical. The AMG CLS 63 Shooting Brake (longest car name ever) had the finest , leather laden interior I’ve had the pleasure of sitting in with beautiful seats that dynamically bolstered you in corners, but it was very thirsty and the gearbox was incredibly clunky. The V90 (released cash from the AMG and didn’t really know what to do, a stop gap) is supremely comfortable, and the Pilot Assist works great, but oh so dull and like a ship on corners :)

I’m expecting annoyance and delight in equal measure with the Model 3 too. Fantastic in some ways, frustrating in others and the full spectrum in between I imagine :)

The only real gripe for me has been the gluing of the rear spoiler. I've driven the 90 mile round trip to weybridge twice, now on my 3rd Spoiler. They left the glue to set for longer the last time and it's better but still not perfect in my opinion. You would have thought it would be bolted.... Had a few dirty marks on the interior when it got delivered, and I had a scratched headlight which both got sorted by a mobile tech.

The car itself is just miles above anything else on offer in my opinion, and I'd go through the mentioned problems again to have another. no regrets at all

it's 2020 is anyone ever completely happy about anything?
I am pretty sure everyone who has an M3 would like one or more changes. Such as maybe one or two from this list?

Better Bluetooth functionality
Better headlights / self dipping
Apple Car play/Android Auto
A better boot close sound
a power boot / frunk
windscreen wipers that work
no phantom braking
better paint quality
better panel gaps
more range
less water in the boot / boot lid / lights / wiring
the ability to drive through puddles without losing bits of the floor ( Ok just me on that one probably)
a functional customer service / service system / pre delivery inspection system
Better software Testing
etc etc

but do I regret it? (even though I thought it would actually save me money due to the long distances I used to drive but now I work from home)
No, still no regrets

Reactions: Ant M3
Here is my view.. Happy = 50% (its ok)...very happy = 90% and completely happy = 101% satisfaction.

I am very happy with ours, enough that will be buying another tesla to join it.

Cant really say Im completely happy with anything I own as there is always room for improvement and Im the sort of person that likes to buy the best of what there is whenever possible which by all means is not necessarily always the most expensive.

can only gauge by comparing to 2 most recent cars (privately) purchased prior to getting the Model 3 company car

VW Passat 2.0tdi Alltrack - NoX sensor fell out of the turbo at 200 miles (not bolted in from factory) and the car was off the road for 2 weeks as no parts available in whole of Europe. At 3000 miles the electric tailgate failed and wouldn't lock intermittently, resulting in 3 AA visits and eventually failed permanently rendering the car undriveable and was off the road for 4 days.

BMW 630d GT x-drive - sunroof failed at 1000 miles meaning you couldn't close it - off the road for 3 days, and had horrendous rattle that BMW never managed to fix, other than that it was an awesome mile-muncher

Tesla Model 3 LR - I have some glue residue on steering wheel/dashboard and a steering wheel that needs to be move one spline to the right. The rest is very different to previous cars but all very enjoyable and functionally sound. My two complaints are TACC speed setting and blind spot warning not in mirrors.

So I'm not completely happy (it's a car and they are never perfect) but the Model 3 reliability has has outperformed £40k and £65k "German quality" comparators so far. No doubt I've ruined my life by typing this.

it's 2020 is anyone ever completely happy about anything?
I am pretty sure everyone who has an M3 would like one or more changes. Such as maybe one or two from this list?

Better Bluetooth functionality
Better headlights / self dipping
Apple Car play/Android Auto
A better boot close sound
a power boot / frunk
windscreen wipers that work
no phantom braking
better paint quality
better panel gaps
more range
less water in the boot / boot lid / lights / wiring
the ability to drive through puddles without losing bits of the floor ( Ok just me on that one probably)
a functional customer service / service system / pre delivery inspection system
Better software Testing
etc etc

but do I regret it? (even though I thought it would actually save me money due to the long distances I used to drive but now I work from home)
No, still no regrets

You missed TACC setting at your current speed not at the limit :p

• Love
Reactions: pow216 and Jason71
Overall happy. Yes there are quirks, but really enjoy driving it.

Will be swapping for a Y as soon as orders open. Looking for slightly better practicality. Also tow hitch is an option on the performance Y, unlike the 3.