Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone driving in snow with std 19" tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why the heck would they deliver a decent sports car with crappy rubber that is not particularly good in any weather.
"Well when you put it that way..."

I think many would disagree about all-seasons being a bad thing. Also, many wouldn't call the Model S a sports car. A very sporty car I think we can all agree on.

Also, the 19s don't feel too bad (even compared to my 21 Conti) for daily driving... and the tread life (and hence TCO) is significantly improved.

"Well when you put it that way..."

I think many would disagree about all-seasons being a bad thing. Also, many wouldn't call the Model S a sports car. A very sporty car I think we can all agree on.

Also, the 19s don't feel too bad (even compared to my 21 Conti) for daily driving... and the tread life (and hence TCO) is significantly improved.

All seasons really aren't good for anything but tread life. If you look at stopping distances alone it's almost frightening to have cars around you using them! Dedicated summer/winter tires are all I've done for the last 8 years.

My model s is faster than every other sports car I have owned.

In the northern European countries like Norway, Sweden, Finland were we get lots of snow, ice, etc. The all-seasons that come standard aren't even legal to use in the winter (dec 1 - mar 31).
There's a reason for that. They are crap in real winter conditions, stopping distance is just one example.
Ohh... And compared to proper summer tyres, they're crap in the summer too but that's another story.

For the stock 245/45R19 size, be sure to select an XL or Reinforced tire as most standard load tires have a max (cold) inflation pressure of 44 PSI, and Tesla requires 45 PSI....Some standard load tires (like the popular Conti Extreme Contact DWS) have a max pressure of 51, others not so much so keep an eye on the specs for the tires you're considering

For the stock 245/45R19 size, be sure to select an XL or Reinforced tire as most standard load tires have a max (cold) inflation pressure of 44 PSI, and Tesla requires 45 PSI....Some standard load tires (like the popular Conti Extreme Contact DWS) have a max pressure of 51, others not so much so keep an eye on the specs for the tires you're considering

Get the Pirelli winter tire set. You are going to be on dry, wet or plowed roads, not deep snow and ice.