Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone else’s FSD Beta vehicle trying to install 2021.40.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update. I was previously on 2021.36.8.8 bumped off to 2021.40.6.

Now that the holiday update is here, I am sad to report that I am on the main branch with 2021.44.25.2.

Oof, so I wonder how they manage fsd releases. It might not be VIN based but by version and rollout batches.

Quick update. I was previously on 2021.36.8.8 bumped off to 2021.40.6.

Now that the holiday update is here, I am sad to report that I am on the main branch with 2021.44.25.2.

Oof, so I wonder how they manage fsd releases. It might not be VIN based but by version and rollout batches.
Strange! After waiting for Beta for weeks (on 2021.32.22), I got 2021.44.5, then 2021.44.6. Then finally while I was out of town, I received an update to 2021.44.25.6 and got the FSD Beta. The strange thing about this update was that it downloaded it on my (non premium) data connection, something that had not happened for a couple of years as I recall. FWIW I also never got an email about it.

Strange! After waiting for Beta for weeks (on 2021.32.22), I got 2021.44.5, then 2021.44.6. Then finally while I was out of town, I received an update to 2021.44.25.6 and got the FSD Beta. The strange thing about this update was that it downloaded it on my (non premium) data connection, something that had not happened for a couple of years as I recall. FWIW I also never got an email about it.

See! Now was that so bad? 🙂 Watch out for FSD Beta. 100% focus required on city streets.

Last edited:
Haha, I only tried it once and it was terrifying. It takes twice as much energy as driving the car myself, so far!

Agreed. All the people trying to get FSD Beta--it's like Tesla has people begging to be the drivers of the trucks full of nitroglycerin over the Andes in the 1977 movie "Sorcerer."

As far as the wait for software, it's funny; waiting for Tesla to do this or that seems endless. But when I look back after various Tesla events affecting me in the last year, it often ends up I only had to wait a few days or a week or something.

It's the not knowing that causes the mental anguish for me. IMO Tesla could do itself (and everyone else) a big favor by putting out accurate and up-to-date news bulletins about updates, new product arrivals, etc., instead of letting their celebrity Twitter demon say incorrect stuff and make promises he can't and doesn't keep.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babak