Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone else getting overcharged at the supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RachH

"Christine" Model 3 Blk Obsidian, LR, AWD
Jun 28, 2018
Denton, TX
Hi all,

I recently did a road trip with my 3 and I noticed that what it was showing I was charged on my screen in my car was not what I was being charged on my credit card- my cc was more.

I have contacted Tesla and no one is getting back to me and/or doing anything about it. I am pissed. It's not a huge amount but it's the premise. Not happy about it.

Has anyone else had that issue?

I would highly recommend you check and make sure it is not happening to you if you supercharge and are not getting it free- like I was supposed to. But that is another story.

Love my car but super unhappy with Tesla in general. Not been the best buying experience and it is continuing. Really upsetting to buy a high end car and not be treated well at all. Ugh.

Go to your Tesla Account
Check your Tesla account under the HISTORY tab.
This shows individual charges in a timely manner.(do not need to wait for credit card statement to see what your are charged)
Clicking on right arrow for each charge shows the breakdown of KW and rate in cents/KWH and the tax which is included in the price shown on the credit card and account.
Perhaps the amount shown on the car screen does not include the tax?

Thanks for the info I appreciate it however I don't see why this would happen. Why have the car give you an amount but it be incorrect? It makes no sense to me.
There are small losses between what the Supercharger supplies and what the car's battery accepts. The car cannot know what these small differences are so it cannot display them. As others say, please relax and enjoy your car -- its energy costs are but a fraction of any remotely comparable gasoline-powered car.

Thanks everyone! I think I am just a bit sensitive because it has been a magic collection of all kinds of issues- including that I was supposed to get free supercharging. I appreciate the info.

Go to your Tesla Account
Check your Tesla account under the HISTORY tab.
This shows individual charges in a timely manner.(do not need to wait for credit card statement to see what your are charged)
Clicking on right arrow for each charge shows the breakdown of KW and rate in cents/KWH and the tax which is included in the price shown on the credit card and account.
Perhaps the amount shown on the car screen does not include the tax?
You are correct. Tax not included on screen.