Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone else's app not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just about to start this thread. . .you beat me to it. Haven't been able to "talk" to the car all day. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice and I've rebooted the car's control panel (just in case that would make a difference). No luck. I can log into my account at the Tesla site, though, so I knew it wasn't a glitch in my account (which this thread has also confirmed!). Hopefully all will be resolved tomorrow morning!

It is working for me again. Had not been working all afternoon.

Yep, same here. And there was much rejoicing.
banana.gif

Hmm.. they should return message like "server down for maintenance" or something like that instead of just leaving things spinning. Many people may not realize there is a server in between the car and the iPhone app, and then assume there is a problem with either or both.

Hmm.. they should return message like "server down for maintenance" or something like that instead of just leaving things spinning. Many people may not realize there is a server in between the car and the iPhone app, and then assume there is a problem with either or both.

Do we know it was actually down for maintenance? Or was it an unplanned outage? Definitely agree if the former Tesla should return a message.

Do we know it was actually down for maintenance? Or was it an unplanned outage? Definitely agree if the former Tesla should return a message.
We don't, just saying some sort of "server unavailable" or "vehicle unavailable" (if say you parked in an underground lot) message would be helpful so people know where the communication breakdown is.

I would like "out to lunch". "Gone home for the day". "taking a nap". "call back later".