TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is anyone going to attend CES 2016?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2015.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

As most of you know, Las Vegas's Consumer Electronics Show is coming up next week. Main portion is from Wed 6th through Sat 9th, but there are interesting associated events. The incursion of the automotive industry into what used to be, if memory serves, primarily a venue for showing the latest in television screens, is quite interesting.

Some tidbits I've gleaned:

*Nvidia is presenting Monday night the 4th, as is Faraday Future with all its months-long pre-ballyhooing.
    *Ford - with or without its new BFF Google - has a presentation Tues 5th.
    *The Verge is resporting VW is going to announce an electric Microbus: Volkswagen hints again at electric Microbus announcement at CES | The Verge
    *Chevrolet has promised to release the production version of the Bolt - not sure the date.

There probably is more, too. And, of course, anyone going also can see the latest tv screens....

2. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

mobile eye also presenting on jan 6th

3. AudubonB

I just went to edit my post to include MBLY - here I see CEO Shashua also is scheduled to be part of a keynote conference "The Future of Urban Mobility" at 11am on the 7th.

4. SebastianR

SebastianR Member

Slightly off-topic but glad to see that VW is doing all it can to defend its world-champion title in the "we announce EVs to the world" category. (Even though they never deliver).

It's ok, it's ok... I will show myself out...

5. doctoxics

doctoxics Member

Panasonic had the 2012 display Model X at the CES last year. Perhaps they will have a new Model X at the CES this year.

6. pox

pox Member

Taking my Tesla Down this Weekend, I'll be there as Press posting videos on my YouTube channel all week.

7. AudubonB

Terrific! Have you pre-registered for any of the Advance Bookings Only slots, Pox?

8. pox

pox Member

#8 pox, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    What do you mean Advance Bookings? Monday and Tuesday are press days. I'm pre registered for CES unveiled on Monday night. Also on Monday Press events from Faraday, Ford and Bosch. Tuesday Panasonic,Kia, Autotrader & KBB.com Car Tech Research and Car Tech of the Year Reveal
    The [FONT=open_sansregular]Mobileye event on Tuesday is invite only, I'm not currently invited.
    [/FONT]Wednesday is Audi.

9. AudubonB

Thanks. I was probably confusing "preregistrations" with "invite only"

10. paul7200

paul7200 Member

Where can I find you on YouTube?

11. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

Going to the nvidia press event?

12. Jeff N

Jeff N Active Member

I'll be there reporting for HybridCars.com. It will be my first time at CES. There will be presentations scheduled one after the other and sometimes overlapping. I'll be jet-lagged after just returning from a trip to China. Should be interesting (if I can stay awake).

13. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I am considering going in order to check out the Digital Health Summit, but am on the fence. Realizing time's getting tight here.

14. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

I'll be there all 4 days the show floor is open. I have no plans to attend any keynotes nor press conferences, esp. since I'm not in the press.

I just go to see the cool stuff being shown. (Have attended CES many times along w/the long-defunct Comdex.)

15. mn4az

mn4az Member

It so happens that the MBLY presentation is over my lunch. I will be watching with a keen interest in any nuggets of intel on what Tesla may be doing in 2016 with new MBLY hardware.

16. pox

pox Member

I can try to make it to the nvidia press event. I didn't see it listed on the website when I was looking. Could be interesting.

17. DRM

DRM Roadster #619

I'll be there Wed/Thurs. A bunch of private meetings, but no press events.

18. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

I am still debating on going. Was going to spend this week prepping my golf game for some resort golf next week, but, that is not going to happen in rainy (but much needed) Southern California.

I have a pile of Sony friends there that I would hang out with and try not to cause too many shenanigans.

19. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I'm looking for a decent place to stay right now and am planning to drive in tomorrow from the Bay area. Not looking forward to the drive, but eh, should be interesting once I get there.