Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone impressed with the overly-hyped "holiday update"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is not entirely true for most modern cars, the difference is any enhancements to the electronics side of things is done when you take it to the dealer for scheduled servicing, not OTA **. Tesla's OTA updates are convenient for owners (and them) but also means Tesla aren't too stringent on QC.....'we'll just fix it in the next update' is the mentality.

** Adding fart noises is NOT an enhancement, it's an embarrassment when there is more critical things to fix.

10,000% agree there. I hate that I get an OTA update to add a game to my car that then causes my GPS to malfunction, and things of that matter. But I guess that just goes back to Tesla basically being a software company, that just happens to put wheels on their software.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Wol747
>>Yes, it's a very dumb analogy, that was the point. Tesla owners treat their cars like they do phones, expecting continuous and significant post-purchase upgrades.<<

The significant part of that quote is the "up". Like many here I think the XXgrades are often DOWNgrades. Especially in those parts of the world where we drive on the left and therefore have to use the left hand to try and hit the right icon as the car bounces through bumps, and for those of us with less than eagle eyes, the reduced size of the speed indications is unimpressive.

Has anyone with an older Model S 75D, 90, etc pack been able to confirm if the supercharger throttling was lifted (update 2020.48.26)? There has been some comments on Facebook Tesla groups that the older packs have had their supercharging rate increased with this update. I am currently waiting for my update to see if this is true.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1343590375722790912
I have a 2016 S75 and have not noticed any slowdown to begin with.

>>Yes, it's a very dumb analogy, that was the point. Tesla owners treat their cars like they do phones, expecting continuous and significant post-purchase upgrades.<<

The significant part of that quote is the "up". Like many here I think the XXgrades are often DOWNgrades. Especially in those parts of the world where we drive on the left and therefore have to use the left hand to try and hit the right icon as the car bounces through bumps, and for those of us with less than eagle eyes, the reduced size of the speed indications is unimpressive.

Yes, that must suck. However voice commands are your friend. Close and open menus, fold mirrors, set climate, fan speed and vents.

Just curious, when you use the "My Girlfriend is Hot" command, which side gets the AC turned on?

• Funny
Reactions: Magellan55
I believe the 75 packs were not chargegated.

Curious, what state of charge did you get 120Kw, and what firmware?

I get max speeds at about 20-25% SoC. Most recent photo evidence I have is from Aug 30 when I hit 141kw. I’ve supercharged a few times since then, at the same chargers, and haven’t noticed any particularly different behavior. Most recent would have been just after thanksgiving.

2016 S75 with 115,000 miles.

FFABE159-DBF4-4DA8-BBE1-A6297AEB29C0.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I don't know but there was that big long thread regarding "Chargegate" somewhere here that talked about getting the charging rate throttled. That's why I am so surprised that UCMNDD has not experienced it.
I haven’t seen any real evidence that the 75/90 packs are affected. I got into a big row over this in the chargegate thread a few months ago. No evidence was presented at the time.

I haven’t seen any real evidence that the 75/90 packs are affected. I got into a big row over this in the chargegate thread a few months ago. No evidence was presented at the time.

It seems like the 75 packs are the keepers, a while back it was the 85s.

I have 77ish KwH nominal and 266 RM in my 2015 85D with 37k. Curious again, how many RM do you have in your 100k mile pack?

Getting off topic, I know.

Yes, it's a very dumb analogy, that was the point. Tesla owners treat their cars like they do phones, expecting continuous and significant post-purchase upgrades. I see it all the time both here and on my local tesla group. And many of them seem all too willing to trade in a 9 month old car to get a single additional update that wasn't available on their car.

A friend of mine trades in his fully loaded top of the line rover for a new paint color.