Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Anyone Looking for a SR Model Y for Immediate Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I decided to take the plunge - after test driving both the Model 3 and Model Y, I decided the Y was better for me because of the extra space, but I was unwilling to spend an extra $9,000 for range that I don't need. My ideal car is the white exterior and black interior SR with no upgrades. The goal is to hold for 'x' months while it depreciates slowly, then at the hint of an acceleration in depreciation, sell it.

The sales person I was working with was semi-helpful - he was, after much searching, able to find me a base Standard Range with blue exterior and black interior, not my first choice, but a pretty car nonetheless. I love the blue, but the chance of scratches, dents, etc diminishing the resale value, and driving me crazy, plus the extra $1000 in cost, cemented my decision to stick with white.

After bringing up the entire list of US stores myself and searching inventory literally one zip code at a time, I found the car I wanted - white/black. Since I couldn't reach my sales rep to switch the cars in my order and these cars seem to vanish literally within minutes of becoming available, I went ahead and made another order, paying another $100.

So, to make a long story shorter, I only want the white car - but the blue car is still associated to my account, and it's located in Philadelphia. If anyone has been looking for a base SR Model Y with the 39,900 pricing, and loves the blue color, I am willing to transfer the order to you, I only ask that you reimburse the $100 order fee if it can't be refunded when the car is transferred to your account. The sales rep was not sure if the fee is refunded to me if someone else takes over the order - it seems unfair to keep my $100 plus charge the new person another $100.

Not sure if there is a way to private message on these forums, but if you would like to get this car, please let me know before it goes out of my account.

So I decided to take the plunge - after test driving both the Model 3 and Model Y, I decided the Y was better for me because of the extra space, but I was unwilling to spend an extra $9,000 for range that I don't need. My ideal car is the white exterior and black interior SR with no upgrades. The goal is to hold for 'x' months while it depreciates slowly, then at the hint of an acceleration in depreciation, sell it.

The sales person I was working with was semi-helpful - he was, after much searching, able to find me a base Standard Range with blue exterior and black interior, not my first choice, but a pretty car nonetheless. I love the blue, but the chance of scratches, dents, etc diminishing the resale value, and driving me crazy, plus the extra $1000 in cost, cemented my decision to stick with white.

After bringing up the entire list of US stores myself and searching inventory literally one zip code at a time, I found the car I wanted - white/black. Since I couldn't reach my sales rep to switch the cars in my order and these cars seem to vanish literally within minutes of becoming available, I went ahead and made another order, paying another $100.

So, to make a long story shorter, I only want the white car - but the blue car is still associated to my account, and it's located in Philadelphia. If anyone has been looking for a base SR Model Y with the 39,900 pricing, and loves the blue color, I am willing to transfer the order to you, I only ask that you reimburse the $100 order fee if it can't be refunded when the car is transferred to your account. The sales rep was not sure if the fee is refunded to me if someone else takes over the order - it seems unfair to keep my $100 plus charge the new person another $100.

Not sure if there is a way to private message on these forums, but if you would like to get this car, please let me know before it goes out of my account.
is the car manufactured already and does it have white interior.. as i have one on order since Feb 12 and now telling me no date on the Y SR manufacturing time ..