Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone looking to selling their Tesla Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

There's been a bit of discussion about buying a used Roadster in the Lévis Supercharger forum. I think it would be better to have that chat here instead.

There's been a bit of discussion about buying a used Roadster in the Lévis Supercharger forum. I think it would be better to have that chat here instead.

Thanks for the thread, I was the poster who asked about roadster for sale.

I'm not actively looking, but it might be swell to let know the community on this forum if you're about to sell your roadster. There are so few of them in Canada, I wouldn't want them to go south of the border ;)

The issue is homologation. The car has to be upgraded to meet Canadian standards, which in several areas are different from US standards. The major issues are daytime running lights, a more secure keyfob system, and bilingual placards. These things can be done with the assistance of Tesla, but they're not into doing it. I know it's been done on very rare occasions, like a couple whose Roadster was destroyed and Tesla helped them import a replacement, but their attitude is basically that they're too busy to be bothered with it.