TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is anyone still in Sourcing Parts status???

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mario Kadastik, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Considering the influx of reports of everyone and their uncle getting to In Production status on Nov 1st it's looking like this might be a software glitch. It would help if someone who has Sourcing Parts would report it here. If noone has that, then for sure this must be software hiccup and all the excitement from the past day would dissipate and cause a lot of unhappy people worldwide :&

2. Hybris

Hybris Member

Sourcing parts since comfirmation... still no VIN a month later. Lousy information...

3. gameboy

gameboy Member

I was in source parts and now it went In Production yesterday morning.

4. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

That may actually be good news (not for You immediately, but if the production is picking up this fast it's good for you too) because it gives some legitimacy to the status :)

5. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

I stayed in Sourcing Parts till 4 days before delivery. Actually went back to if for 12 hours about 2 days before.

6. Hybris

Hybris Member

One day maybe Tesla will be able to use mytesla for something relevant.. When I order a BMW i get the delivery day at order and the always deliver thst day... german production and info... Tesla coming for IT background younwould expect relevant information but maybe one day... ;-)

7. RichardL

RichardL Member

Confirmed 10/5 - still sourcing as of this morning, no VIN either (or even a DS to talk too):confused:

8. JST

JST Active Member

BMW (and Mini) info in the US is a lot kludgier (or was, the last time I ordered a new one back in 2011). The consumer facing interface is a lot like the Dashboard on the Tesla site, except without any real delivery time estimate. The dealer can access some additional info (such as the ship your car gets loaded on), but not much more.

9. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Just picked the car up... and dashboard says sourcing parts now... maybe they're building me another one?

10. doctrewho

doctrewho Member

Grats on the pickup! Once your in need of a charge we'd love some pics. :)

11. Hybris

Hybris Member

Here BMW give me a date when ordering. That is when I get my car. Period...

12. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I ordered an 85 on Sep. 29th and my dashboard still shows "sourcing parts" and delivery as being in December (no date given).

13. ausdma

ausdma Member

IT is waiting for operations to provide accurate data….:smile: